Trimmer won't stay together

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I get the trimmer to stay together at joint? I believe I have put in the bolts correctly i.e.. screws facing down. help me out.
Photo of Steve Kenyon

Steve Kenyon

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Steve, you probably have the right idea, but maybe you’re putting the screws in backwards? From page 14 of the manual:

Here’s a link to the manual if you need it:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/026...
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 70,260 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Building on Blue's comment. Feed the screws in from the handle end of the the clamp in to the threaded end of the clamp and tighten the screws.
Pictures of my 15" with the split shaft. Hoping the pics help.

(Edited)
Photo of Shatfieldj

Shatfieldj

• 1,470 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
How did you make out Steve?
Photo of carolyn robbin

carolyn robbin

• 60 Points
I'm having the same problem. I assembled it as instructed. It loosens and opens up when I'm weeding.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,666 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Carolyn, when you install the screws do they eventually stop turning or do they seem like they are always kind of easy to turn and don't want to stop turning? 
I'd think you could go out and buy some blue Loctite thread locker (Home Depot carries it, among other retailers) and remove the screws, apply a dot of the blue Loctite and reinstall the screws. Give the Loctite a bit of time to set up before using the trimmer. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Oh, and of course, your trimmer has a 5 year warranty. If it's less than 5 years old give EGO CS a call. Best to call early in the day to avoid hold times.
They can be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Should be no need for loctite.  The tool should assemble and work properly out of the box.

Return the tool to HD.  show them the problem. They either fix it to your satisfaction or agree it is faulty and give you a new one.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Agreed, it should. But when you (ok, me) have Loctite around you just go for it. LOL

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.