trimmer head vibrating

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I bought my Ego trimmer at HD about 5 months ago.
All of a sudden the trimmer head has started vibrating. I’m at a loss as to why this is going on.
Photo of wendy

wendy

• 70 Points

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Terrell Wiggins

Terrell Wiggins

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am currently having my trimmer repaired. Purchased about 5 months ago. I dropped off my trimmer for repair on August 2nd. Today is Sept 12th. I have not had the use of my trimmer for nearly 6 weeks. My yard is starting to really look shabby. It took a lot of effort for HD to actually find my paperwork, which I possessed a copy of in my hand. Since EGO has such a good warranty, it would be foolish to pay for your brand new(my was absolutely wonderful--until it stopped working) trimmer to be repaired at a local shop. It is a specialized product, so many local shops may not be able to repair. Therefore....your first step is taking to HD for repair. Like I said, mine stopped and it has taken almost 6 weeks for repair....very disappointed due to these various issues. Good Luck!! 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 101,078 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Wendy - First stop is to contact Ego CS who will help you troubleshoot the problem and send you to HD for repair if appropriate.   Have you checked the trimmer head for grass etc caught in the head which may be causing it to vibrate.

Terrell - Ego states that if your repair gets to 4 weeks they want to get involved.  Give Ego cs a call and they will look into your repair and help expedite the matter.
Photo of Anna

Anna

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just purchased this trimmer and have used it happily for almost a week.  Have you made sure that the bolts at the end of the shaft (the 3 screws opposite the guard) are tight?  (I had an issue with the head "spinning" at the shaft, so I'm curious if this would address the question you raised....) (so sorry you had to already take it for repair after only t months..... that stinks!)