trimmer handle needs an overhaul

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
 This sucker does cut very well and I love
the fact it can use my ego lawnmower battery. There is one area however that needs work. The handle. I understand the need to make it flexible so it can be mounted for different folks but if you are edging the sidewalk and need to turn it sideways the handle would have to be loosened meaning all 4 screws would have to be relaxed so you can shift its angle to make it easier for edging the sidewalk. The wrap around handle is a lazy attempt to solve this problem and it doesn't wrap around far enough to turn it 90 degrees. Black and Decker's cordless 20v trimmer has a fantastic fully adjustable handle from angle to positioning with zero screws making edging easy. This is the only flaw I've found in the ego but its a doozy.  To me, the handle seems to have been an afterthought in the design.
Photo of Josh

Josh

• 74 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Glenn

Glenn

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree.   It is awkward to use as a edger.   Being left handed is even more daunting but I do like the product.   
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 177,594 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The best way to make this work is to mount the handle on the side of the shaft instead of the top so you can invert the trimmer while still being able to hold the handle.

It's not ideal, but it works.