Trimmer $180, Nice. building the edger..$450!! What?!

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: NA

I got a string trimmer, battery and charger for $180. An edger with the component kit is over $450! Time to make a dedicated edger or bring the price down, or add the battery and charger, something
Photo of John Charles Kershner

John Charles Kershner

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The Power Head and trimmer attachment cost $250. There will be a kit option available shortly with the PH, trimmer, edger, battery and charger. Another kit will have just the trimmer. These should be much cheaper than buying parts separately.

As far as a kit with just the edger, nothing has been announced yet. I think Ego should have made the edger-only kit instead of the trimmer-only kit since they already sell a standalone trimmer.
True. I will bide my time until the package is available, hopefully they will offer a receiver adapter to take universal components
Photo of Troutboy

Troutboy

• 1,008 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Couldn't you just buy the power head for $150 and then the edger attachment for $100, total cost $250? Still high for an Asher alone but much less than the $450 you state.
Yes, but I would still need a battery and charger to equal the $180 trimmer kit, hence the other $250
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,558 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Ego certainly appeals to the Lexus market.

(tho I don't own one)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.