Tool idea - tripod light

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Not Planned
One thing I believe would be a great add is a tripod light with dual LED pods. These are normally plug-in and always seem to be tripping over the cord and needing and extension cord to use well. This doesn't fit the outdoor / lawn theme you have going, but having a nice high lumen output light mounted on a tripod would be great. Low amps due to LED so should have a long lasting run time. If something came up and finishing up some yard work when it gets dark. Put the battery pack at the base so it's not too heavy and you would be all set. Photo is just an example of what I'm thinking. Obviously need to change the colors to black and green!
Photo of LoneWolf04

LoneWolf04

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Actually that could come in handy once EGO has made tools quiet enough to allow a lawn service to work nights.
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,144 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
My ego mower and blower hardly make any noise? I can't hear it inside at all, even when outside front yard to back?
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Get some of these. 27 watt leds. They hurt my eyes.

Ebay. 15.00 each. Up to 90vdc.

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is that a UFO or a lawnmower?!?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Lol. Thats what my brother said when i sent the photo. Funny.

Its my built mower
Photo of David Severson

David Severson

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I bought the back pack blower, string trimmer and hedge trimmer this summer.  I would also like to have an LED work light with 2 or 3 lamps on a tripod.  Please!!
Photo of Jesse La Brosse

Jesse La Brosse

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yea! Me too! I’d love a tripod with a built in charger so you can use an extioncord if your bats are all needing charging and or charge a bat on the fly or use it only on battery’s. Something with lots of led’s that can be pointed anywhere would be supper fantastic!
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,220 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled LED Work Lights, preferably hanging and/or on a stand..

I saw someone else asked this a while ago, and you indicated it was not planned, but please reconsider a work-light accessory! We work outdoors in remote locations, sometimes in a tent, in the cold, on winter days where we start before the sun comes up and past sundown. so windows aren't a solution. I am drooling over how much LED task lighting power is stored in my weather sturdy Ego battery sets. Some competitors rechargeable lights only provide up to 3 hours, ha! I need 8-10! (I suppose a battery supply space heater is too much to ask, lol). Thanks for thinking about this.
Photo of Manoach Paul

Manoach Paul

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It would be nice if Ego made a light like the Milwaukee M18 4000 lumen light, or like the area light made by DeWalt.  Of course, the best outcome would be a bipod that provides light comparable to  the 1000w corded bipods.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,358 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
With a 7.5aH battery, they could make "one bright arse light!"
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,220 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
For a recent job, up in Minnesota we had to get large Clam garage ice fishing houses to shelter our crew doing specialized work during December on a snowy construction site. We needed bright work light inside the Clams, especially since we only had about seven hours of good daylight. the houshold "nightlight" LEDs lanterns for camping and ice houses were useless. I found a string of industrial 150 watt LEDs that worked great, but I had to buy a lead acid Yeti battery generator to plug them in. The whole time I was dealing with this, I was staring at my 4 big EGO batteries and sighing.
Photo of ThisGuyYouKnow

ThisGuyYouKnow

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I see that a tripod light is not really under consideration...maybe a slightly amended idea?  What about a smaller frame like a sit-on-the-floor work light...a flood light panel 5-10k lumen) on one face (2-4 settings) and a very low wattage (~5/10/20) campsite lantern at the top for small area illumination (or night-lights for kids).  Just had a night of power out after Nor'easter "Quinn" here in NJ and am now looking for LED lamps to attach to my computer UPSs...then I though of my EGO tools and thought there must be a flood/lantern combo option for site/night/emergency work.  Anyway, I hope you reconsider...Toss in reasonably rain-proof and ~4 USB charging ports and for $75-$150 I'd buy one per battery.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 100,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just roll your lawn mower and snow blower inside and turn on the head lights.

Would love an emergency power station light combo.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,398 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,144 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ha ha! Not such a bad idea for home in an emergency. But, I think my crew would commit me if I tried to load a lawnmower in the truck along with all the other equipment, lol. "No, really! See? It has these lights here we can use!"