To all of you complaining about long times on hold when calling Ego...

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

for gawd's sakes people, you should know that if you call when a company first opens it's support lines each day, it is unlikely that you will be on hold for long.  That's a universal fact for pretty much any support line.  If you call long after they have opened for the day, you will undoubtedly be one of many people trying to get through.   THINK AHEAD.   Look up the hours of operation, figure out what time that is in YOUR time zone, and then call shortly after Ego's lines open.

OR....you can come on here and whine about the hold times.   You can  complain, or you can solve your problem.  
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Vincent

Vincent

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I haven't actually called support so I'm curious, how long of a wait are we talking about during peak hours?
(Edited)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

sometimes over 20-30 minutes.   early in the day you can get to a rep in under 3 minutes.

I just don't know why people would rather whine than solve a problem.  it takes less effort to do the correct thing, than to go online and compose whiny messages.
(Edited)
Photo of Ryan

Ryan

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I called like 2 weeks ago in the morning and had no wait. I called last friday to ask for a tracking number or my warranty replacement at around 4pm and I was on hold for an hour.

They should really use one of those queue and call back systems. That is it tells you the number of people on hold in front of you and automatically calls you back when it is your turn.
Their leave your number and get a callback within 24 hours is very old fashioned.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

agreed, it would be nice if there was an estimate of how long you will have to hold.  FYI, "number of people on hold" does NOTHING to let you know how long it takes to get to your call.  You don't know how many reps are manning the phones when you call and you don't know the average length of each call.  I've found systems that give an estimated time on hold GENERALLY are pretty accurate MUCH of the time.  Try calling Target pharmacy, only to have an employee tell you,"can you please hold, I have ONE caller ahead of you".  Hearing that tells me nothing as I've hung up after waiting MORE than 15 minutes for that "one" caller to be handled by the pharmacist.   Other times, the pharmacist gets back to me in less than a minute.
(Edited)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thanks for the feedback Ryan and Dave.  We're looking into the automatic call back option instead of being on hold.  This is something that's definitely under consideration for the future.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.