Thumbs up to EGO for supporting Tools in Action.

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
I noticed that you guys made possible GIE 2015 coverage by Tools in Action. I am a big TIA fan, and I give y'all a thumbs up for that indeed. 
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,018 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • HOORAH FOR EGO!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I noticed that too. It's funny to watch coverage of the upcoming DeWalt OPE lineup and all the videos are sponsored by Ego - Nice!!! :-)
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I noticed that. It was too funny having Ego sponsor the episode and they were actually mainly covering a mower from another manufacturer...Husqvarna. Really, helping sell a competitor's product?
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thanks Atom. Check out the video Tools In Action made about our new 16" chainsaw. (Spoiler alert, next year there will be a 16" chain saw!)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wZZyRVvgkg
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

So I had noticed. I keep up with TIA, and am one of the first to see their videos. This led me to think that you wanted to get us a present to hold us off while we wait for the snow blower. :-)
It also makes me wonder just how many tools y'all are actually working on... 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nice!!! So how does the 16" compare to the 14"? Is it essentially the same saw with a longer bar and packaged with the new 5Ah battery?

And, my apologies in advance, but someone is GOING to ask this anyway so I might as well get it out of the way... will the new 16" bar/chain fit the current 14" saw?

Tip for Barnaby; he's an awesome spokes guy, but he needs to geek up his battery talk just a tad, like instead of saying "so air gets in there", instead mentioning "Ego is the only platform with forced air cooling in their chargers which allows the industry's best by far charge times". Ok, so hat doesn't sound like him, but I'm sure he could get the message across. :-)

Is there going to be an official announcement made regarding the new chainsaw and (for fall 2016) the snow blower? These posts will work their way off the front page before long.

Keep the new tools coming!!!
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

"Ego is the only platform with forced air cooling in their chargers which allows the industry's best by far charge times" is not true, Kobalt and Greenworks also have forced-air chargers, and EGO only narrowly beats their charge times.  

Also, I think I'd trust the durability of EGO batteries quite a lot more than I would Kobalt or Greenworks, their batteries seem like they would crack if dropped, and even if not, they'd take quite a dent that would need to be sanded to keep from scratching tools and stuff. Thumbs up for sure to EGO for the best battery design. 

Watch out for Toro, though. They have a battery storage mode for their upcoming 48V lineup, which gets the charge of the batteries to 40%. I think the system is in the chargers. You could probably integrate something like this into the batteries themselves.

Hi Blue, unfortunately, the new 16" bar and chain will not be compatible with the 14" chain saw.  The 14" chain saw motor cannot handle the added inches of the new 16" bar. :(
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

So that means the 16" saw has a more powerful motor - good to know! :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,326 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Tip to Barnaby, don't try so hard to act "cool", it doesn't work.  I think keeping to the facts of the product is enough of a sales pitch.  I found myself rolling my eyes a bit at the comments, but loving the Chainsaw.  

I'm willing to bet the 16 will work with the 14", unless EGO was smart and used a chain with a different spacing  :).  Best thing about a longer chain, it stays sharp longer.

Another tip to Barnaby.  Any chainsaw with a sharp chain will "melt" through wood.  :)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I rather enjoyed Barnaby's thing. He was more entertaining than any of the other guys, that's for sure, especially with Dan there.  

I wonder how many aliases I'm going to have, nicknames for TheAtomTwister.  
Let's see, Blue Angel calls me TAT, Jennifer just called me Atom, as do several others, and I'm waiting for somebody to call me Twister, LOL.
(Edited)

Official Response
We will make additional announcements for the new tools on the front page of this community as we near their release dates.  Since you already saw the 16" chainsaw video, we figured we should confirm it here.  We don't want anyone to miss out and will continue to "officially" announce new tools as they are closer to their release dates!  (We might have more up our sleeves for next year.)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Did you hear that SCDC, your edger might be closer than you think. :D
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I was falling asleep at my desk till my "edger" desktop Red Alert went off.  I about jumped out of my chair with my wallet, ready to yell "Take my money now".