Throwing Only a Few Feet

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
I just used my brand-new EGO snowblower for the first time. It just isn't throwing the snow very far, maybe a few feet. I have increased the power, but it hasn't helped. I changed the angle of the chute, but it doesn't seem to help either. Is there anything else I can do?
Photo of Bob Bohlman

Bob Bohlman

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sounds like your snow blower is under-performing, Bob. Please give our service team a call at 1-855-346-5656. They'll make this right! 
Photo of William P Tucker

William P Tucker

• 862 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Bob, mine does the same thing if the snow is real wet. When the snow is powdery, mine threw at a normal distance.
(Edited)
Photo of Covfefe

Covfefe

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you only have a few inches of snow, therer is not enough snow getting in the auger to create a vacuum. Typically 3 inches and up, the auger gets enough snow to create the necessary pressure inside the auger. Hope this helps.
Photo of Outdo13

Outdo13

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agee all others plus I found when wet snow or low inch total, if you move faster, it throws fine
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Three great posts!

I will add, when it only snows a little I push the snow to one side of the driveway with a shovel and then use the snowblower to blow that pile. This seems to work much better than trying to blow an inch of snow.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I count five great posts and will add that it is great that you guys posted since I don't know squat about the snowblower.