Things that a snow blower should have.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

I have a Green Worx 80V Snow Blower and am pleased with it.  But here are some points that EGO can learn from.

1.  The pulley that turns the auger must be easily removable by the customer.  I had to replace the auger but the nut was so tight I could not remove the pulley.  I took it to a repair shop and the bill was almost $200.  Fortunately it was under warranty.

2.  You need something better than plastic for the auger.  My auger was ground down a little bit and started to throw a little snow in front of the snow blower.  The plastic didn't break but just wears down FAST if it hits the cement.  I have already wore the second auger down with just a small hit.  Plastic just doesn't like hitting cement!

3.  ALL parts that rub against the ground need to be user replicable.  I can replace the scraper but the bottom of the sides have worn almost to nothing.  There should be a small piece on the sides the user can replace since, rubbing on the cement wears them down.

4. A BIG discount for those of us that could not wait for your snow blower to come out and had to buy something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana 

Photo of Dana

Dana

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Excellent points Dana!

I've looked at the SnoJoe blowers and noticed that some of them use steel augers with replaceable rubber strips, and others use all plastic augers... The plastic augers definitely look like a bad idea to me, especially when you consider how fast they're spending and all of the debris one normally expects to find in snow that's been plowed off of the street.

Here's hoping the Ego product team is out there right now eliminating all of the problems with the current offerings in the cordless snowblower market!
Photo of Dana

Dana

• 346 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
One good hit on the edge of a concrete driveway and it is damaged. Mine was cheap to buy at $15 but when one bad hit ruined it, I realized I may need a case of them!!!!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yeah... one shouldn't have to budget for regular auger replacements when looking at a snow blower. And I would assume that $15 would be much higher if someone had to pay a repair service to replace it for them!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.