Kite Army

• 6,468 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • the power

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Adam Neusbaum

Adam Neusbaum

• 790 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing KA! 
It looks like a real nice unit. As a new independent Ego dealer I'll look to place an inventory order for this blower.

I was just outside using the new 18" chainsaw while up in a boom lift. 
Between a LED headlamp & the saws LED light I could easily perform lots of cuts in the dark. What a difference over my original 14" Ego saw. 
If I could figure out how to unplug the lifts "in-motion" beep-beep-beep that chimes while you're moving the boom around well then my neighbors wouldn't even know I'm out there.

Looking forward to your next feature. 
Regards- Adam
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Thanks Adam...Should be a breeze to sell these
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 111,114 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A real blow out
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 10,472 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'll be curious how long battery life is with this new blower versus previous EGO blowers.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 77,216 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
To me, the whole run time thing is silly. Not saying you are for asking, but it truly depends on battery, how much power one is using from the blower, plus a more powerful blower likely will drain a battery faster. Hence why it comes with a 5 ah battery. I get close to a half hour with my 575 blower and 2.5 ah battery but I don't run it full blast or all the time. Just as I actually need it. 

From the manual - note this is with a 5 ah battery.

Approximate run time (With EGO BA2800T/BA2800T-FC 56V Battery 5.0 Ah)
 200 min (Low speed)
 30 min (High Speed)
 15 min (Boost mode)

Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

• 6,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I agree with your point about the battery, but you also have to consider that as motors and controllers get more efficient that power and run time can be increased.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Agreed. But, unless someone is going to run full tilt the whole time there is no real benefit to run time claims. Also, when double the battery capacity is included with the blower extra run time is a given.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

True - I think lots of people (me included) run full power or turbo most of the time.  I have some huge piles of leaves in the fall.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 9,020 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Don't know about everyone else but KA's tests are very valid. In the spring/summer I do tame down my blower but in the fall leaf season running at full power constantly is necessary.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 110,752 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Andrew does a good job.  He comes up with some good tests to measure performance of various tools.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Agreed with you both. I enjoy Andrew's reviews very much.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,216 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't have a big yard like KA, but I am one of those people who runs their blower on FULL POWER.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Thanks for the support - anyone else get their hands on one of these yet?
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 22,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks to Newton's Law, my 530 really taxes my arm when running on Turbo mode.  I would think the new model would require that I go to the gym and work out!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 78,730 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I get that with my 575. And I rarely have the need to run at full tilt. I have no desire to go to the 650. Whew. 
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I believe the 575 and 650cfm both weigh the same.  Though the 650cfm puts out more force - don't know if that will fatigue you more.  Also, they have a shoulder strap for these too.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 78,730 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I tried using my 575 with shoulder strap. The strap really limited mobility, IMO. It was helpful from a weight support standpoint, but I couldn't as easily change angles and directions on the blower.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I could see that - I have never used the shoulder strap.  I often use the blower with the 2.5Ah.  This works great for quickly blower leaves out of the garage and grass in the summer.  In the fall I have to move to the 5Ah for the fall leaf cleaning.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 111,738 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Same - 2.5 is great for everyday clean ups
Photo of Jesse Allen

Jesse Allen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wonder how much it’ll be in Australia? It normally takes a few months for us to get new tools after the U.S gets them. I brought the 580CFM blower kitfor $580 AUD (blower, rapid charger & 5.0ah gen 2 battery with 2.5ah third gen battery by redemption). Ive had the Milwaukee gen 2 Fuel blower and the Ego 530CFM blower. The Ego 580 is my favourite.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Hey Jesse - we don't have any deals in the US where you get a second battery.
Photo of Jesse Allen

Jesse Allen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I assumed Ego Australia was running the battery promo to clear their existing stock of the gen 2 batteries but the redemption batteries i received have been the new gen 3 models.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Winning :)
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 9,060 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Anyone see these in the HD stores yet?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 78,426 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It might depend if your store will carry it. Mine doesn't but I can easily order it online and have it by the 28th.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

It's amazing how different Home Depots can carry completely different items.  I have one near my home that is almost all commercial grade in the tool corral
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 9,060 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I asked because my Menards has 11% off this week and HD matches it for in store items only.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 111,442 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
KA - I think that is the local manager decision to maximize sales in their store as they see it.

MG - have you asked your local HD about giving the 11% discount on it even though it is not an item they stock.  Some managers are very helpful with such things.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

You may have to buy it online - have it shipped to store - return it - and buy it again from the store - in order for them to be able to do it and make the paper work meet the situation.  But, I have had this work. Obviously, the manager has to agree to all of this up front.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Do they have this 650cfm blower at Menards?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Menards does not carry Ego as far as I know.  But HD still gives the 11% rebate match ;)
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I have need been to a Menards but supposedly they do sell EGO.  Funny that you can match to a product that may not even be available.
Photo of Warbird 2007

Warbird 2007

• 1,636 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Like - Thanks for your review on the 650 blower - Just received mine this past weekend and love the product. Are you able to inform what a combined run time would be with the 5.0 amp battery. One review was based the on run time vs the 530 - in turbo mode only.  
Photo of Mike Mazur

Mike Mazur

• 72 Points
Many videos I've seen show these blowers blowing leaves off of a driveway or cement sidewalks. I can probably do this with my wife's hair drier !  I have a small lot (1/2 acre) but a lot of leaves. How does the ego 650 with a 5.0a battery pack last in the turbo position ?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 78,426 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
From the manual;
Approximate run time (With EGO BA2800T/BA2800T-FC 56V Battery 5.0 Ah)
 200 min (Low speed)
 30 min (High Speed)
 15 min (Boost mode)
Photo of Mike Mazur

Mike Mazur

• 72 Points
Thanks Mike
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I would say that the Boost mode and High speed estimates fall right in line with my testing - low speed for 200min sounds like torture.  I can't imagine anyone using this blower on low speed only.