Kite Army

• 6,468 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • the power

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Adam Neusbaum

Adam Neusbaum

• 790 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing KA! 
It looks like a real nice unit. As a new independent Ego dealer I'll look to place an inventory order for this blower.

I was just outside using the new 18" chainsaw while up in a boom lift. 
Between a LED headlamp & the saws LED light I could easily perform lots of cuts in the dark. What a difference over my original 14" Ego saw. 
If I could figure out how to unplug the lifts "in-motion" beep-beep-beep that chimes while you're moving the boom around well then my neighbors wouldn't even know I'm out there.

Looking forward to your next feature. 
Regards- Adam
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Thanks Adam...Should be a breeze to sell these
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 111,114 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A real blow out
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 10,472 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I'll be curious how long battery life is with this new blower versus previous EGO blowers.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 9,020 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Don't know about everyone else but KA's tests are very valid. In the spring/summer I do tame down my blower but in the fall leaf season running at full power constantly is necessary.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 110,752 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Andrew does a good job.  He comes up with some good tests to measure performance of various tools.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 77,216 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Agreed with you both. I enjoy Andrew's reviews very much.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,216 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't have a big yard like KA, but I am one of those people who runs their blower on FULL POWER.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

• 6,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the support - anyone else get their hands on one of these yet?
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 22,356 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks to Newton's Law, my 530 really taxes my arm when running on Turbo mode.  I would think the new model would require that I go to the gym and work out!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 78,730 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I get that with my 575. And I rarely have the need to run at full tilt. I have no desire to go to the 650. Whew. 
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I believe the 575 and 650cfm both weigh the same.  Though the 650cfm puts out more force - don't know if that will fatigue you more.  Also, they have a shoulder strap for these too.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 78,730 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I tried using my 575 with shoulder strap. The strap really limited mobility, IMO. It was helpful from a weight support standpoint, but I couldn't as easily change angles and directions on the blower.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I could see that - I have never used the shoulder strap.  I often use the blower with the 2.5Ah.  This works great for quickly blower leaves out of the garage and grass in the summer.  In the fall I have to move to the 5Ah for the fall leaf cleaning.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 111,738 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Same - 2.5 is great for everyday clean ups
Photo of Jesse Allen

Jesse Allen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I wonder how much it’ll be in Australia? It normally takes a few months for us to get new tools after the U.S gets them. I brought the 580CFM blower kitfor $580 AUD (blower, rapid charger & 5.0ah gen 2 battery with 2.5ah third gen battery by redemption). Ive had the Milwaukee gen 2 Fuel blower and the Ego 530CFM blower. The Ego 580 is my favourite.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Hey Jesse - we don't have any deals in the US where you get a second battery.
Photo of Jesse Allen

Jesse Allen

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I assumed Ego Australia was running the battery promo to clear their existing stock of the gen 2 batteries but the redemption batteries i received have been the new gen 3 models.
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

Winning :)
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 9,060 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Anyone see these in the HD stores yet?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 111,112 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Menards does not carry Ego as far as I know.  But HD still gives the 11% rebate match ;)
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I have need been to a Menards but supposedly they do sell EGO.  Funny that you can match to a product that may not even be available.
Photo of Warbird 2007

Warbird 2007

• 1,626 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Like - Thanks for your review on the 650 blower - Just received mine this past weekend and love the product. Are you able to inform what a combined run time would be with the 5.0 amp battery. One review was based the on run time vs the 530 - in turbo mode only.  
Photo of Mike Mazur

Mike Mazur

• 72 Points
Many videos I've seen show these blowers blowing leaves off of a driveway or cement sidewalks. I can probably do this with my wife's hair drier !  I have a small lot (1/2 acre) but a lot of leaves. How does the ego 650 with a 5.0a battery pack last in the turbo position ?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 77,734 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
From the manual;
Approximate run time (With EGO BA2800T/BA2800T-FC 56V Battery 5.0 Ah)
 200 min (Low speed)
 30 min (High Speed)
 15 min (Boost mode)
Photo of Mike Mazur

Mike Mazur

• 72 Points
Thanks Mike
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

I would say that the Boost mode and High speed estimates fall right in line with my testing - low speed for 200min sounds like torture.  I can't imagine anyone using this blower on low speed only.