The paper included with my mower stated I will receive free side dischargechute if I registered my mower. now how do I get the free chute?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

The paper included with my new mower stated I would receive a free side discharge chute if I registered the product. I completed registration, now how do I get the free chute?
Photo of John Plocic

John Plocic

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Brad Carey

Brad Carey

• 2,280 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
After I registered I called customer support and they promptly mailed me one out.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,338 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
John, just give us a call and we’ll take care of this: 1-855-346-5656
Photo of Irving Lamansky

Irving Lamansky

• 776 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
John, it takes a while but it will get sent to you.  I had to wait several weeks, forgot about it, and one day it showed up.
Photo of Amber F.

Official Response
We would also like to point out that while our newly shipped 21" mowers have the side chute included in the box, some of them were still also packaged with the “free” chute flyer by mistake. If anyone ordered the LM2100SP after September of 2016, the chute was already in the box and thus, there should be no need to call customer service for another. The same goes for LM2100 ordered after October 2016. 
Photo of Gary Franz

Gary Franz

• 62 Points
Is there really no way to order this online? I called now that I have time this weekend, and customer service is only available Monday through Friday, which makes it more challenging to call.

I purchased a mower 6/11/17, but the mower serial number indicates it was packaged January 2016, and I do not find a side discharge chute in the box.

Please let me know if there is any way to order this online, and if not, whether or not anyone will be in the office on 7/3/17.

Thanks.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,078 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Gary, Customer Service is open seven days a week. They are closed July 4th.

Photo of John Otto

John Otto

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine showed up very quickly after speaking with customer service. Thank you EGO.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,622 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Mine showed up last spring and I promptly lost it - it's not that earth shattering )to me at least)
Photo of Tim Reeves

Tim Reeves

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Well, I bought mine May 4, 2017. No discharge chute. Still a paper lmplying, at least, that the discharge chute is a reward for/impetus to register the product.

I agree, they should take your address and it should be automatic.
Photo of Amber F.

Did you call to request your chute? 
Photo of John Otto

John Otto

I bought my mower just before April 1, 2017. Contrary to the "official response" the chute WAS NOT included. I promptly registered my mower, charger and battery, as instructed by instructions, an I have not received a chute yet. I've been wondering what month of what year I should expect it. Not good customer relations when the customers do their part and the company fails to do theirs. I'm sorry that I continued to support them by buying a blower after that. Come on EGO...don't add steps to get what you promise, do your part.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,078 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
John, give Ego Customer Service a call and they'll get the chute out to you ASAP. You're right, you did your part, you shouldn't have to call but it seems your order may have slipped between the cracks...
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

If you have to leave another message you might try cursing...sometimes that works for me. Sometimes not.
Photo of Amber F.

Hi John!  Were you able to speak with Customer Service or leave a voicemail requesting your chute? Regardless, one of our service team members just left you a message. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we're confident that this can be resolved quickly.
(Edited)
Photo of John Otto

John Otto

I did receive a call within 24 hours of this posting. I also received my discharge chute within a week after that. Thank you!
Photo of William Best

William Best

• 10 Points
Where is my free side discharge chute. Nobody ever answers the phone and they don't call back within the 24 hours as they promise.
Photo of Amber F.

We would be happy to help get you your chute, William. When did you request it?
Photo of Irving Lamansky

Irving Lamansky

• 776 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Side Discharge Chute.
Folks, be patient.  Once you have registered online (preferred) the device will arrive but it takes five or six weeks.

Personally, I never use it.  Tried it a couple of times but the design of the back discharge for bagging doesn't not contribute to the efficiency of a side discharge.

Use the bag or close the opening off to allow mulching.

Photo of bloomz

bloomz

I found it useless as well. Either mulch it or bag it.
Photo of David Guzman

David Guzman

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My mower purchase included information on receiving a free side discharge chute. ....

I have not received the free side discharge chute offerred after registering my mower which I did. When will I receive it?
Photo of Art Zasadny

Art Zasadny

• 1,436 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Mine came with the chute and the slip of paper!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.