The newest leaf blower LB5800 is a step backwards

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
The newest leaf blower LB5800 is a step  backwards.  I just bought it to replace my LB5750 because the motor seized after less than 2 years of light use.  The biggest design flaw of the 5800 is the new stand.  With the 7.5Ah battery attached, the blower doesn't even sit level; it pops a wheelie. This is a screw up in both engineering and T&E.  To not even test the product with all the batteries is mind boggling.  Someone should be fired over this one.

Second, the change from a lever to a dial for the cruise control is harder to operate and less intuitive. 

Third, I thought that damn turbo button was gone for good with the 5750.  Now it's back.  No need to introduce yet another (makes 3) control to manipulate and increase failure probability. 

And finally, this new blower has more vibration than my previous one. 

I don't know what is going on at Ego.  I really want to like their products and be a proponent of them.  I have the hedge trimmer and so far so good with minimal use.  But this new blower almost gives the impression like it's their first offering.  They had a great product in the 5750 (well, other than the motor on mine failing prematurely lol).  No need to reinvent the wheel Ego!

Photo of Todd

Todd

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 101,896 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I really like the LB5800 and think the controls are very easy to use,
Different stroke for different folks I guess.