Terrible start to this product

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Just bought a power plus mower from home depot. when i took it of the box, it appears to be missing an instruction manual and key needed to start it. called home depot store where i bought it and gave up after 20 minutes waiting for someone to answer the phone. now have waited 5 minutes so far waiting fot customer service at ego. really bad experience so far after blowing $500.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 70 Points
  • mad

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
If your home depot is nearby I'd head straight back their. I recently bough a new grill (in sealed box) that had a broken lid I swung by the next day and had them swap it out for the one off the display. (your milage may very, I have been to some very terrible home depots as well.)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Richard, that definitely sucks, and you're not the first person to have something similar happen. Home Depot is getting notorious for this kind of thing.

If past reviews are any comfort, Ego reps will get you set up with whatever you need very quickly. They're busy during the spring season, but they will get to you.

You can also email them at:

support@egopowerplus.com

Be sure to leave your call back info and they'll get back to you asap.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
As Dom said...If you just opened it, I wouldn't bother with calling Ego or the store for that matter.  Just pack it up and take it back and get another one.  No muss, no fuss.
Photo of Treborg

Treborg

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
And make sure you get another one that obviously has the original packing tape intact, and open the box on the next one & check that everything is there before you leave the store.

Good Luck!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep, I wouldn't waste my time calling. I'd just drive right back to the store and exchange it.
Photo of Papajack

Papajack

• 594 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
When I bought mine I compared boxes and one looked like it had been re-taped. So you have to be careful.  Return yours & inspect the replacement before you leave the store.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I was very concerned about the state of the box when I bought mine. It looked to have been opened and taped again but they assured me that it had not been. There were about 3 boxes total at the time and all 3 looked the same way.

My mower is fine...well except for the strange give in the handle when I pull it uphill slightly to adjust my mowing angle.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The Home Depot where I bought my mower didn't have one on display. I saw people opening a boxed one just to get a look at it, which required them to remove some of the inner packing. I could easily imagine the packet with the manual and key being tossed aside and misplaced.

Some of the Home Depots in my area are definitely run better than others.
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Richard! I'm sorry to hear that your mower kit was missing the key and manual. I see that you created an account online but did not enter your contact information. If you took the kit back to the store for an even exchange- great! Please just send us an email or log back into your account and finish registering your products when you have time. If you did not return the mower and still need us to send you a key and the manual, please either give us a call, -or-, if you'd rather not wait on hold during our busy season, send us an email to support@egopowerplus.com with all of your contact information, serial #s, and phone number, and I will send out a key and manual immediately.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.