Terrible Customer Service

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

Because my battery/charger has failed in less than one year, I decided to call customer service for help. After waiting on the line for 30+ minutes, I decided to press 1 for a callback.  They called back an hour later, but no one was there. The line was silent and I lost my place in line. Calling again the next day, they again do not answer the phone. This is very irritating because there is no way to handle this issue online, and I need to contact customer support. unfortunately, It seems like customer service doesn't actually exist, and I am stuck waiting on hold for hours because their callback system doesn't work. After this experience, I am highly unlikely to purchase an ego product again, and will most likely throw away their tools and buy from a different brand. Not only do they make products that last less than a year when used as instructed per the manual, they also seem to avoid making good on their warranty products by simply not answering the phone or returning the calls.
Photo of frustrated

frustrated

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 2,482 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I haven't had to call customer service yet. It seems to be mixed results for people...sometimes it's a really quick process and other times people have a similar experience struggling to reach support like you. Personally, I'd like to see EGO provide as an option customer support via online chat. It has the advantage of being "live" with a real person and the ability to communicate (via text and uploaded images) with more precision than verbal communication. With other companies that offer chat, I found it's the most efficient use of my time (and theirs) than the phone or email.  
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 46,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi "frustrated"

https://egopowerplus.com/pages/contact-us

Go there and create a case.  It may be the best way for you.  I wouldn't waste so much time with the phones.  This is getting into their busiest time of the year and the wait times can get a bit prolonged.
Photo of frustrated

frustrated

Thanks for the response. Unsurprisingly, the create case button doesn't work.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 46,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It does work, check your browser for any pop up blockers, or try another browser.

Photo of frustrated

frustrated

It must have been the pop-up blocker, thanks for your help!
Photo of Nicholas Hillman

Nicholas Hillman

• 60 Points
How about The Facebook page for Ego. They post regularly
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 47,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It also helps if you call earlier in the day before they get busy. I’ve never had to wait more than 10 minutes on hold, and that was late morning.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.