switch in handle is not working

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
handle switch is closing terminals 1 & 2, but not opening terminals 3 & 4.  I need to get a replacement.  Where can I get one?
Photo of Randolph E Newman

Randolph E Newman

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 110,416 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you would like some input on your problem and proposed repair then tell us your model and some more details on the problem and how you came to your diagnosis.

If you just want parts call customer service
1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of Randolph E Newman

Randolph E Newman

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
LM2000 mower - switch FA011-25/2-001 in handle terminals 3 to 4 remain closed when switch is operated (not as designed); terminals 1 & 2 close when switch is operated (as designed)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,138 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you're into the mower already you can probably get the manufacturer and part number right off the switch, then find it at Digikey or somewhere similar.  There's a good chance it's a commonly available part.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Just remembered while answering another post, RCPW has a huge listing of Ego replacement parts, you might find what you need through them:

https://www.rcpw.com/
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 110,416 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I checked that part number at rcpw when Randolph first posted it and got nothing. I thing they just carry parts that are listed in the manual and not the internal stuff.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

They have a whole pile of stuff available. From the home page click “See All Brands”, then click Ego, then “Browse all genuine Ego parts here”:

https://www.rcpw.com/ego-parts/genuin...

The part number Randolph posted is likely the OEM switch part number, not Ego’s number, which may only be available from a parts breakdown from Ego.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Googling "FA011-25 Switch" I get this item, which looks plausible as a candidate:

http://www.huajie.com/en/article/products/lm2/103.html

But I have no idea how to relate that to an Ego part number?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Looking at the Huajie product page above, on the bottom left it says "Previous: FA010" and "Next: FA011-35".

Clicking on either of those will take you to the next item in their list, many of which look like custom made power tool trigger switch assemblies.  That FA011-25 may be a custom made part for Ego, perhaps not available through normal channels.

Randolph, I would try giving RCPW a call and see if they can help you out.
Photo of Eb Raptski

Eb Raptski

• 60 Points
I have a similar issue, but the switch is good. it's the bar somehow not holding the switch in.
is this fixable?