Striper that fits the Ego Mower

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Stripe Roller

I just got the EGO Self Propelled 7.5 and is very impressed with the first day of mowing. What is a striper kit that will fit the mower? I need my yard to have contrasting stripes but not sure if anyone on here has done this already. These striper kits are not cheap so I don't want to buy them only to have them not fit or work well. 
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There was some discussion about this last year, but I'm not sure if anyone came up with a striping kit option?

SCDC? D. Cline?
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

• 1,396 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am using a toro lawn striper kit. Had to modify the bracket to fit around the handle of the ego. Just using a plumbers c clamp to attach. Will post a picture for you to see this weekend and the lawn. The toro cost me $70. Amazon
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I end d up using heavy duty zip ties to the frame it worked great. Check out those lines
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Too bad my neighbors don't care about their lawns. Fighting a too front war on weeds.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Love the lawn!  Hate the pic that, made me dizzy  :-).  I also have a neighbor that thinks weeds are environmentally friendly and feeds them.  :-(
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Yea sorry bout that Apple every time I upload a pic they turn that way.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,072 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I'm glad someone has a flat lawn. I have a gigantic hill I have to fight.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob, the backyard is a mess. Hills and holes had a bad sprinkler leak last summer. So I do feel your pain.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

James, that must be a fescue lawn and you don't live in the Deep South. Regardless of the back yard, the front is beautiful.

I have that problem with pictures with my apple products. It's quite annoying for me too
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Yep you caught me I am a yank. Been working on chocking the fescue out with ky blue. It's been a slow process but I can't afford sod so couple more season me should do the trick
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I also need to add more sand to the striper. I was a little excited to use it only have about 7 lbs in it. Toro calls for 20lbs. Will upload new photos next week with the right sand amount in roller
Photo of Rob

Rob

I have a fescue lawn but i'm in NC.  I'm currently fighting an invasion of rescue grass.  I've been told that it should die off once summer gets here.  I really hope it does.  I've pulled so much by hand that I can't pull anymore.

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I'm in SC and these past few years clover and chickweed are kicking my rear. Problem with warm weather grass is that it's basically a weed, so as it warms you can't use weed killer. So the best resolve is to cut low and often and let the grass choke out the weeds. It works but it takes half the summer.

Can you take some close up pictures of your striper and how it's mounted?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I was out overseeding this morning... kinda depressing when your yard is mostly clay and bumpy and uneven all over. I am getting serious about this lawn, however. Last year I bought enough seed and fertilizer to rejuvenate a lawn five times this size. It will be a slow process, and I'm only three seasons in, so we'll see.

Already I can see a marked difference in where I fertilized. Compared to the neighbors "lawns" ours is much greener much sooner this year.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Next cut I will take closer pictures of the striper. And I will show you guys the neighbors yards I have to contend with to even keep mine looking good.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

My neighbors are certified dandelion farmers! We should have a "worst neighbor's lawns" picture thread! :-)
Photo of Rob

Rob

Luckily my neighbor next door keeps a pretty good looking lawn but right across the street to the front of me and to the left, are people who don't cut their lawns very often.  In between, they treat the weeds as if they are flowers that grow along with their lawns. 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

All of my neighbors keep nice lawns except..... My next door neighbor. Sigh. He's also a dandelion farmer. And as you all know, those seeds from different weeds spread with the wind. It's a real freaking battle? I want to sneak over there at night and put out weed and feed. My treat.
Photo of Rob

Rob

I wish those simple weeds were my problem. I don't think weed and feed would even make rescue grass sweat. I am still trying to find a herbicide that will work. No luck yet. I don't even think pre-emergents work against the stuff.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Rob, ouch!
Photo of Rob

Rob

I know roundup would but since it's a over the place, I would be killing off my whole lawn. So that's not an option.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

There's a rental property behind me. The guy doesn't own a lawn mower, all he has is a string trimmer. Lucky if I see him out "cutting" his lawn more than once a month...

If I was the landlord I would at least put a cheap mower in the garage! Some people. :-/
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Scdc,

That's funny you want to sneak. Yesterday I went right over and sprayed. He came out and said HI and thanks. Then drove away while I continued to spray his yard!
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The most I've ever done is set the broadcast spreader to a higher rate and run down the property line shooting weed control granules 10' into their yard. It helps.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

That's an idea. I used turf builder weed and feed spray on his yard yesterday morning. He walked out right as I started and said hello. Thanks. And then just left. Never told me to stop! His lawn care guys. Yes he pays someone to cut his weeds. Call it the dandelion house.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I do not use turf builder on my lawn. I follow the lawn care nut's hybrid organic lawn care system. You can find his videos on YouTube. Saved my lawn big time
Photo of Rob

Rob

I've been wanting to start using his program also.  Started using Milorganite late last year.  The smell wasn't all that great but it seemed to agree with my lawn.  I've been following the LCN for a while.  He moved back to St. Pete, Fla and his vids seem to be coming out slower now. 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

James, I've tried the organic route and it did a great job greening up my organic weeds. Lol. I found a good product for warm weather grass that works ok in the spring.

Doctor Cline. Good laugh. If you can't beat em, push your spreader fast so it throws the stuff 25 feet out. Ha! I'll admit it. Last year I did my neighbors lawn one day while he was out. Best the lawn has looked. Plan on doing it again. I also spread fire any bait to keep the fire ants away. Andro is awesome.

Rob, the smell. Few your pain there.
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

hard to believe i'm the first one that is attempting this... given how much this community pays for our EGO equipments, i'd have to assume someone else has done this by now! 
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

• 3,612 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Regarding the picture of the chargers & batteries. I have the rapid charger also.

Warning

The exhaust vent is at the lower back of the charger. If you block that you will significantly block air flow through the battery as well.

The side vents don't seem to be inline with the forced air path.. To check just feel with your hand when charging with the fan running.

On my unit I feel zero air flow by the side vents. The only airflow is by the back vent.

Maybe if the rear air flow is blocked, the warm air from the inside of the battery (going through the charger) would find its way out the side vents instead? I would hope so as the charger seems to have rear mounts.

For me I wouldn't hang it as I think the air flow would be too restricted.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would think they took that into account when putting the wall mounts on it.  The charger is fan cooled, so at least it's not depending on rising heat to cool properly.
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

I would hope so. Having a background as a driveability tech at an auto dealer before moving to a support person for computer workstations and servers... I've seen too many products not designed with proper cooling.

Take note...

I don't think people will have problems with this, I'm just more of a careful person.

Ego is a great company with what seems to have great designs. So I'm not too concerned. Just being thoughtful on how I use the products.

No company has 100% perfect products.

I am a proud owner of 3 Ego products (mower /blower /string trimmer).
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Kid, bless your soul. I was a systems engineer with a. Well known CPU manufacturer for about 20 years before I decided to take a big pay cut to get out of the pc/server industry. Man I am burnt out on that stuff. Now I handle the operations of a commercial retreading plant. Big change, but much more chilled out.

If a person charges their batteries inside a air conditioned home, their really isn't much to worry about. I like our home an icebox, so I run three rapid chargers. :-).

Blue and Jacob like to test the limits. I'm just looking for the laziest and easiest way to do things. David Cline is our reality check. you kind of remind me of Doctor Cline.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Careful, no one has bestowed an honorary doctorate upon me... yet!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I like to charge my batteries in the oven!! Joking. True that i like to test the limits of my tools.. i Do Not baby them. My mower has over 200 miles on it. Wish it had an odometer. 7 miles per mow, no battery or mower issues at all.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Test the limits? Well, I would say I like to know what the limits are so that while I'm testing I don't go over them! ;-)
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

To many comments to comment...

Doctor Cline, 7 miles per mow, battery baking (in the oven), using rapid chargers to heat up the ice box house!

Are you guys real? What is SCDC anyway?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

scdc is simply South Carolina and my initials. Speaking of which, Kid Rock? Isn't that an 80's band?

I think we tend to have "virtual" images of each other based on a few years of comments, reviews and helping others on the forums. I believe we all have a tolerance towards humor and try to enjoy the comrodery of being fellow EGO owners .

The ideas coming from people who post here are very good, noteworthy for the decision makers and engineers at Chervon/EGO.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Look up "Bawitdaba"

Not exactly an 80's Rock band! ;-)
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

SCDC and blue,

Kid Rock was something that popped into my mind during the pressure of the moment while picking a name for myself. I had actually never heard of the band at the time.

SCDC... I like your comments a lot and definitely agree with them on describing the "virtual" images, comrodery and a good source for decision makers and engineers.... Your wording!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Thanks KR.  One thing that you and so many others do so well in here is keep the manual and specs a constant part of the conversation.  I tend to be a bit lax in that regards.

I love the technical posts by you all, sometimes I get brain fog when looking at it too long  :)

I know all about the pressure of coming up with a "handle".  I had no idea and wasn't feeling like my imaginary self.  So I came up with the bland SCDC.  Blue's is original, probably my favorite.  I love the Blue Angels.  

being that you are taking part in this conversation, do you have an interest in striping?

One thing that i like more than striping are the wheel lines.  I would love to know of a way to keep the lines in the lawn longer.  
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

I really don't know what 'striping' is. As an attachment? Two things come to mind lines on a football field and female strip... Ha
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

It's basically a rolling weight you attach to the rear of the mower.  It lays the grass down a little so as you cut.  Going in different directions gives a very cool look.  It doesn't hurt the grass, it's probably 15 to 20 lbs total.

Well, if I had a female striper in front of me, I would cut grass every day, need it or not.  (sorry ladies, no offense intended).
Photo of Kid Rock

Kid Rock

SCDC, That's cool, now I've heard of it. My imagination is going wild.

Blue... I'm out of town and can't watch or listen to the video or song right now. My high speed for the month has been used up so my Internet is on trickle speed!

But I plan on it. I'm not a rapper kind of guy, but it's cool.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Guys, striping is one thing, stripping is another thing altogether and a conversation for another forum. ;-)

KR, I'm not exactly a huge Kid Rock fan, but I do like heavy rock and that song is definitely a good one. Mind you, it's got some language in it so NSFW or if you have young ones around. :-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Blaze the trail, lead the way, and let us know what works!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We'd be interested to know if anyone found a striper that works as well.  We don't make one, at this time.
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

Jennifer,

I think the problem is that I don't really see a place to attach the striper to 
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I have a toro lawn striper that I had to modify a bracket to use with my original ego lawn mower. I am using a plumbers c clamp to the frame of the handle.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I will upload a photo this weekend for all to see.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Ok so it's been a couple months. Here is how the ego mower and toro lawn striper are working out for me
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

And a closer pic of the lawn mower and striper
Photo of Rob

Rob

Nice! Those lines look wider than 20" apart.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Let me know what you guys think?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Can I post fireworks and party like its 1999? That's how I feel when I see that. Man it looks good. I don't think my centipede would hold up well with striping, so I'll just print a picture of your lawn and put it on my desk. Well done.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Thanks guys. Yeah they are double stripes! A little more work but the results are worth it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,948 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
TOTAL
LAWN
DOMINATION
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Someday... someday when I have enough lawn to actually stripe!

Looks fantastic!
(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

The Ole LCN.

James, looks like you need that battery powered edger....lol.
(Edited)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I do. I have a worx one but run out of time today to use it. Friday I will re cut and edge and post some photos for ya. Nice catch.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

LCN is actually the lawn program I am running too. Love that guys videos!
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Would love a 30inch cut ego.. Wink wink nudge nudge!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I just noticed.  All of that beautiful edging and you didn't Round-Up those weeds in the concrete cracks.  Fickle crowd eh?  And, is that a broken phone line box in the background?  Free phone service, umm hmm...

I'm thinking if you get turned in while you are cutting the grass, we can do a drive by and take that striping kit..  
(Edited)
Photo of Rob

Rob

OH, so that's where you got the double fat stripes...The LCN.  You are dominating your neighbors. 
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Scdc, all your observations are true. The phone box has been that way since I moved in.( don't have phone service) and I knew posting them everyone was going to get on me about the edging and cracks I simple ran out of time today. 3 kids under 4 will do that to a guy. I thought I was rocking considering my situation.
Photo of Rob

Rob

You are rocking.  We're just busting your chops.  Your lawn looks great. 
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I know just bustin my chops. Besides! I don't see anyone else's lawn pics!
Photo of Rob

Rob

I took it away...didn't want you to look bad.......lol

I smell a challenge

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Definitely no stripes to see here, but if you could see the sad state of most people's lawns around here (and the way mine looked this time last year) you'd understand why I'm so pleased with the way it's turning out:

It's such a small lawn I just figured I had no excuse not to get off my butt and look after it.

This was cut on setting 5 (3.5") on the 20" mower two days ago, and it's already starting to look like it needs another trim... lots of rain and cool temps the last couple days.

James, your lawn definitely looks fantastic!

What you packin, Rob? :-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Bah, turned sideways... but you get the picture.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Success!!! :-)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Success! Both lawns looking amazeballs. Challenges have been accepted! Nice job guys!
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

James. Because you did something amazing (not your average lawn guy), you garnered the admiration of the gang. When this happens you get poked and jabbed with some humor. It's just our way of saying we like it. It's like a punch in the arm. All in fun Now I have to put on my bug spray and do a headlight comparison.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Rob, I got a peek at your lawn in the email notification. Looking good!

(Could use some stripes though)

:-P
Photo of Rob

Rob

Yeah, it could.  I need to get a closer look at how that striper fits onto the Ego 20".

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

And I need to get a bigger lawn!
Photo of Rob

Rob

Be careful what you ask for. Mowing that hill is something else.

It looks flatter than it actually is.

(Edited)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob, I actually have it zip tied to the frame. Friday when I cut the grass again I will post a picture. Up close this time. It's very red neck engineering but it works and gets results.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I am going to make a custom bracket this winter that hooks to the back wheels bolts between the plastic and wheels like a little trailer hitch
Photo of Rob

Rob

How it 'looks' doesn't really matter to me.  Just that it works.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

James, I think zip ties may technically be too classy to qualify as truly redneck. Duct tape could have gotten the job done but you went with something cleaner looking? That's definitely not what we call redneck here in GA!
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob, the proof is in the pictures. And I still only have about 7 lbs in the striper. It calls for 20-25 of sand. Going to fill it up tomorrow night the lines should really pop then.

David, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll be honest I couldn't wait to see if the striper worked. Clearly it does! Best Christmas gift ever. Thanks mom!
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Ok so I took the community's advice.. Lawn update...
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Now I just need a ego power washer! To fix the side walks
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

James, you keep a very nice lawn.  Nice job on the cracks.  Can you move next door to me?
Photo of Rob

Rob

Wow, look at those edges!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I need about 45 people like James to move into my neighborhood.

Wow that looks nice!
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Just no one like James in my neighborhood please!

My neighbor across the street has gotten yard of the month 2 or 3 times and I'm still hoping to win once. But now that we have a toddler and another on the way, I could never hope to compete with an amazing looking yard like that!

My wife may lament losing her pre-baby figure, but I lament losing my pre-baby landscaping...
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Oh man, David!!!  Congratulations!!!.  It was nice to know you.  See you in 2 years.  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The sacrifices we men make to keep things rolling along...

David, I sure hope your wife appreciates what you will be going through, as well as the support you'll need to stay strong.

Hang in there, brother! :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I caught that pun.  "rolling along".  *groan*  We will have to do a forum baby shower gift of a diaper genie.  The nose saver.  Till you have to empty it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

David,
Your really going to hate me. I have three under the age of 4. And my lawn looks that good.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

And advice on the baby... An old guy from work told me. Have your woman breast feed. You will never get up at at to feed cause it's just easier for her to wipe it out! Lol! He wasn't wrong. Lmao
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Instead of warming bottles, you'll be striping.  Wife breast fed both of our kids.  It was great.  I just have one word of advice. https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/category/breast-pumps

Guys, he isn't responding to our comments.  I think we've shocked the poor guy.  He's cuddled up to his EGO mower mumbling.. stripes... stripes... stripes...
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

It always seems miraculous what people are able to accomplish in spite of how many young kids they have and the perpetual sleep deprivation that comes with them. Kudos to you!

And thanks for the teet tip... Our first was tongue-tied and had trouble feeding, and then needed sensitive formula until he was put under for a minor surgery at a terrifyingly young age (even though we were with him the whole time and it was less than 5 minutes!)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I just remember feeling like I was in a fog all of the time when our kids were in their first 6 months.  Man that's demanding.  The most liberating thing is when they no longer need diapers.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Amen brother.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Hey guys. Thought I would give you a weekly striper update.. Check out these stripes.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Sorry for the sideways views. Dang iPhone
Photo of Rob

Rob

Where are the up close pics of the striper and mower?
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I posted those last week.. At least I thought I did. Plus I don't think ego would be happy with me promoting toros lawn striper!
Photo of Rob

Rob

No, you said you'd post a close-up.  Ego doesn't have a striping kit to sell us.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,940 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Too bad for EGO then. If they have a problem with you promoting the toro striper, maybe they should make their own.
Amazing lawn by the way.
Photo of Rob

Rob

I totally agree with Jacob.  Toro isn't competing with Ego if Ego doesn't have a product in the class of the item being discussed. 

I just need to see the rear of the mower where you have it tied on to see what connections you have made so I can make the decision on whether or not to order one for myself.

thanks

Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob, once I get the kids asleep I will take a close up in the garage with the set up. The actually brackets toro gives you do not work with the elongated frame of the ego. So I just Zip ties it to the frame
Photo of Rob

Rob

Thanks.  I'm looking forward to it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

James, looking great as usual!

For artistic quality, I'd say your lawn is #1 so far... can't say I've seen better on this forum yet. Do you have a back yard to show off? :-)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob, I will have to get you those pictures tomorrow. Painting trim tonight cause the house is going up on the market this weekend. I will set the mower up tomorrow day time and take pics for ya and the community to see how I use it
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Hey blue. My back yard is starting to get there. It's full of kids plays capes and what not I really didn't work with it at all this yr so I am playing catch up. Wanted to see if the LCN's program worked first. Now I know it does
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Are you moving to Florida too? ;-)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

I wish! But after last nights alligator incident at Disney I don't think they wife would allow such move. Plus my day/night job is here.
Photo of Rob

Rob

Got the striper.  Going to see if I can get this thing attached.

Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob. Here are those pics
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Is that what you were looking for? See I just used the zip ties.. Unfortunately I will have to retire my ego mower now. Sold the house moving to the farm. Wish ego built a zero turn. They could become the tesla of lawn mowers!
Photo of Rob

Rob

Thanks for the pics. I figured it out on Saturday and used it.

I see it did the same to your handles as it did to mine. Lots of scrapping.

You have a very flat yard. Mine has a huge hill. Using that thing and doing double fat stripes amounted to mowing my yard twice. What you see in the pic of my yard abide is only about 20% of the total yard so its not something I would do much.

The results were pretty good but not as good as they could have been since we've had 95 degree Temps for the past couple weeks and that has taken a toll on my tall fescue which is a cool season grass.

Deciding whether to keep it or not.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Rob,

This summer it taking it's toll on my warm weather grass.  It's just too dry to try and stripe it.  Ground is already so compressed and dry, I don't need any more rolling weight on it.

Photo of Rob

Rob

I totally agree. For me, Spring is a good time and maybe the upcoming fall will be. Usually I do a lot of aerating and overseeing during that time so my yard is a wreck anyhow so striping wouldn't help then.

So, Spring is really the only time I'd get to use it.
(Edited)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob,
I am in Michigan so I understand we have had 90+ days this last week and the yard didn't do well today we I striped it. Going to have to take a few weeks off of striping. I do enjoy the lines it makes plus it pisses my one neighbor off so
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

DOM
IN
ATION
:-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Hot here in Ottawa too... 91F (33C) yesterday. Fingers crossed these thunderstorms bring some rain tonight!!!
Photo of Rob

Rob

Keeps threating to rain here.  Forecasts have given us 30% chances of rain for the past 3 weeks or so.  I think it has actually rained about 30 mins in all that time.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Ok guys. It's been 3 weeks and I have 2 last pics to share of my ego lawn striper using a toro striper.. the house is officially sold and moving on to big lawn. So the ego will have to be retired. Unless they do a zero turn any time soon.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

They bare spot is from my sprinkler not being able to hit that section thank to the bush the wife just had to have.. thank god it's not mine any longer! Lol
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

So you don't think you'll need a mower to do areas where the zero-turn won't reach?

Be sure to update with a few pics of your new property! How much grass is there to cut?
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

2 acres! And I only have one area close to the house that's push mower friendly
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Wow... even with a zero-turn that's a lot of grass to cut. A friend of mine is in a similar situation after moving to a 4 acre lot. Fortunately only half of it is grass.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Here some more pics of the yard.. pretty proud of it. Thanks LCN.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

May your new yard look as good as that! With two acres and small kids you're gonna be one heckuva busy guy!!!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,940 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Come on. 2 acres is push Mowable. Do it once. You will love it lol
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

2 acres.. 6 batteries! And when I am finished I can just start over cause it will take me a week! Lol! Maybe I will just get a simplicity with the striper built in.. ball park yard here I come!
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

Just want to write an update as I am the original poster. I did buy the Toro Striping Kit:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Striping-Kit-for-Walk-Behind-Mowers-20601/202800417
However, I quickly noticed it was not compatiable with the Ego mower because the brackets require a round bar from the mower while the Ego has a rectangular round oval shape. As of right now, there are no striping kit that can fit the Ego mower and it definitely is a disappointment :(
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

You are correct. I recently made my own bracket that slides over the bolts that connect the wheels like a mini trailer hitch.. but all season I have just been zip tied the toro to the frame. Yes it scratches it up but I love the lines more then my frame. Here is how I did it.
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

Nice picture and custom solution. I don't think I can do that to my new SP mower. The lines just arent worth it right now.. i'd like to have an OEM solution if possible. 
Photo of Rob

Rob

I've been using the kit zip tied to my Ego and somewhere in the yard, I lost the screw that connects the roller to the bar and of course the roller would have rolled over it burying it in the grass so I couldn't find it. 

The lines to me aren't really worth it since I have a huge hill.  It adds 50% more weight to the mower when filled completely and pushing it uphill a hundred times during a mow isn't all that's cracked up to be.  For a flat lawn I'm sure it's not a problem.  This time of year the stripes aren't such that they really really catch your eye.

(Edited)
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

The weight does suck. But I figure it's the only exercise I am getting. My back yard is hilly so I hear ya.. I just like pissing the neighbor off when my lawn looks better then his! Lol he works at my rival company (me ford. Him Crysler)
Photo of Brad Christie

Brad Christie

• 2,568 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
+1 for Ford. ;)

Maybe my next photo will include the lawn, but throw in a mustang quarter panel. Heh.
Photo of Rob

Rob

I'm a Ford Man myself.  Expect I own a '16 Explorer Sport.  Love it!
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Got myself a 16 f-150 supercrew 4x4 sport. What yr quarter panel you looking for brad? Had a few stangs in my day before the kids!! Hoping to get another soon.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Rob, that explorer is awesome.. think that's the next one for the wife. I love the sport editions ford has come out with.
Photo of Rob

Rob

I think it's great.  My last vehicle was a '05 Expedition.  Little things started breaking and it all ended with the thing bearly being able to be driven...shaking all over the place, got rid of it.  Thought about getting a new one but didn't really care for the current designs so I went with the Explorer.

I thought I'd miss the power coming down from the Expedition to the Explorer but not so much.

Photo of Brad Christie

Brad Christie

• 2,568 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
@James talking about keeping the photo lawn related, but include a section of my mustang in the photo as an accent.
Photo of Lawn Jedi

Lawn Jedi

Here is the new yard.. had to cut it with a bob cat zero turn.
Photo of Tanny Liu

Tanny Liu

• 60 Points
what about the bag that catches the lawn clippings? Do you need to take that off while striping or do you mowe first then go back a second time with the bag off and striper attached?
Photo of Michael Cook

Michael Cook

• 1,020 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Using a Lawn stryper with EGO 21" mower.

I bought the Lawn Stryper to use with the EGO mower to put some domination lines in my lawn. Unfortunately it only fits round handles and EGO has an odd shaped handle. So I'm trying to figure out a way to get it to work with the mower. So far my idea is to epoxy some nuts into the holes in the side of the part where the handle attached to the mower and then hook it up. It's not the best fix, but don't really want to ship it back. EGO should sell a Lawn Stryper mount for their mowers, or make their own stripper attachment. I'll post a photo once I get it rigged up.
Photo of Alex Andros

Alex Andros

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I ended up drilling two holes into the rubber flap of the mower and zip-tied a 2" PVC pipe filled with sand onto it.  Decent lines -- not quite Toro lawn striper quality though.  
Photo of Salem Noueiri

Salem Noueiri

• 70 Points
Got pics of your set up?
Photo of Alex Andros

Alex Andros

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, I ended up returning the 20" mower and moved to a Toro.  I'm now using the Toro Lawn Striping Kit, and I must say the lines with the kit are much better than the DIY approach.  I'd highly recommend you figure out a way to attach the Toro or Checkmate striper onto your Ego LM. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.