Stripe Roller

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Lawn striping for ego lawn mower ?

Are there any lawn roller stripe kits available for the Ego 21” self propelled lawn mower?
Photo of D D

D D

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
There are no Ego specific kits available but some people have adapted Toro straightening kids to Ego mowers. Search for striping here and you may turn up some old conversations.
Photo of ffteam

ffteam

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Striper that fits the Ego Mower.

I just got the EGO Self Propelled 7.5 and is very impressed with the first day of mowing. What is a striper kit that will fit the mower? I need my yard to have contrasting stripes but not sure if anyone on here has done this already. These striper kits are not cheap so I don't want to buy them only to have them not fit or work well. 
Photo of D D

D D

The striper kit is what gives the lawn contrasting shades. As for what one, that’s what I am trying to find out. I can tell you that you should buy a new blade. The cut is so much better. You can pick it up on Amazon EGO Power+ AB2100 21" Lawn Mower Blade for POWER+ 56V Lawn Mower Models LM2100/LM2100SP/LM2101/LM2102SP Read the reviews. If I find out about a striper kit I will pass it along. Good luck. Happy mowing
(Edited)
Photo of Jack375

Jack375

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine is striping the lawn and I don't want it to do that. It cuts lower one direction then higher on the return thus striping it. Anyone have any ideas why?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is it just appearance or can you actually measure a difference in height after cutting ?
Is it up hill and downhill - if so try lifting up on the handle to ensure the front end it not lifting up when going up hill.
Photo of D D

D D

Its basically a weighted roller that bends the grass blades to create a dark shade and light shade. Putting more and less pressure would only scalp the lawn in the areas where more pressured was applied
Photo of D D

D D

Do you bag or mulch?
Photo of Jack375

Jack375

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mulch.
Photo of Salem Noueiri

Salem Noueiri

• 70 Points
It’s just the lighting creating that higher lower effect... the lower you cut the grass the less you’ll see the stripes. In order to raid and lower the mower you must manually adjust it on the base.
Photo of D D

D D

It has nothing to do with cutting the grass at different heights. It’s a weighted rolller that bends the blades of the grass giving it contrast

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.