Stringer trimmer overheating and beeps

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
My trimmer gets hot and won't run long. Worked good for 30 minutes or so today, then all of the sudden wouldn't run long and would get hot. Now it only beeps and the head barely turns. Model 1500 and has not been used much at all. Maybe total of two weeks. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

I also have the chain saw and blower. Love them.
Photo of Jeff Hayes

Jeff Hayes

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of dwayne rattan

dwayne rattan

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi
Did you press the battery indicator ? 30 minutes is normal run time before battery needs recharging could be as simple as that.
Photo of George E Corwin

George E Corwin

• 708 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Dwayne,

Very true, and my 3 days old EGO trimmer lasts about exactly 30 minutes of heavy usage.  I'm ready for my battery charge by then anyway.  I love this trimmer!
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,356 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If your battery power indicator turns red, it time to recharge.
Photo of Jeff Hayes

Jeff Hayes

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have 3 batteries. All fully charged. It started smelling burnt and getting hot and the problem started. Not sure what happened. Just beeps and barely turns a bit at a time.
Photo of George E Corwin

George E Corwin

• 708 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Jeff, just remember, after 30 minutes or so, it's time to recharge the battery or put a charged one in!  At least mine is that way.  I have zero complaints on mine, however, just three days of ownership.  So far, I am impressed!
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,356 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Jeff, take it back to Home Depot for exchange.
Photo of dwayne rattan

dwayne rattan

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Nice. Let it cool a bit and see if it resumes normal functionality. If it doesn't call 1-855-EGO-5656 warranty should cover it.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you've only had it a few weeks, I agree with William. The easiest thing would be to take advantage of Home Depot's 90-day exchange policy.

Don't give up. The trimmers are some of Ego's best tools.