String Trimmer Rules of the Road

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
Little test for you string trimmer users. After spending hours and hours using Ego string trimmers this Spring I continually remind myself of the rules of the road when using the string trimmer. The single most important thing to do is wear eye protection but there is a somewhat close second......????? Anybody care to guess what i t is? Plus what else do you put on the to do list when string trimming?

Curious to hear answers plus will compare lists.

Jeremy
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 6,766 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Check surroundings for people and or animals so as not to inadvertently injure them.
Photo of bigfootcountry

bigfootcountry

• 6,766 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Definitely important.......but in all the years I've been trimming I've never injured a person or animal....so I would say that makes the top 3 or 4 but not # 2.

Here's on of the main reasons I prefer a trimmer that spins counterclockwise.....when in a critical area I will walk backwards spinning the majority of debris into myself.....I'll take the hit gladly.

Excellent choice.

Jeremy
Photo of Lucas Wozniak

Lucas Wozniak

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well In general health and safety is the most important thing while using any equipment. It’s not only to protect yourself but people around you also. I don’t know what about you guys but when I’m strimming I’m constantly looking around, it might be a bit annoying because you need to shift your focus to the environment and than back to strimming but I’m trying to make sure at least 15 metres around me there’s no movement. Eye protection is my number 1 also wearing gloves cuz I don’t like when pebbles or any other debris is shooting into my hands. Few weeks ago received massive shot from small stone right into my belly... couldn’t breath for a while properly. Ideally the best is not to get any shoot anywhere if you have any debris blow it with leaf blower and should be fine.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I always wear decent shoes and long pants, no matter how hot it is.