Strange Ego problems. Not turning on ... sort of

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
So when I try to start my ego mower I do it as normal by pushing the key then pulling the handle back. The mower doesn’t start but I see the light on the battery turn on. It seems very intermittent and I have cleaned everything out from underneath the deck so I know it’s not the grass clippings. Any thoughts? I have even tried another battery with the same result
Photo of Tye Tyssen

Tye Tyssen

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Clay Cassell

Clay Cassell

• 408 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Are both "extension/side" clips closed on the handle?
Photo of Tye Tyssen

Tye Tyssen

Absolutely
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,716 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Also, was the handle fully extended before you set the clips?  
Photo of Tye Tyssen

Tye Tyssen

Yes sir
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 9,696 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
try pulling the handle back before pushing the key? maybe the safety is being temperamental.  beyond that it sounds like a call to CS.  Try early morning. 
Photo of Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having a similar issue with my LM2100. I have cleaned everything and fidgeted with the handles to ensure all are proper in position. This is my 3rd summer using this mower, and last year it did a similar thing where every so often it would go to start and just spin down, with the LED indicator on the mower flashing orange and then green. After a few tries and fidgeting it typically started. Had the same problem this summer in the beginning but again, typically it would get started eventually within 5 minutes

But now, I went out yesterday to cut the grass and same thing. Flashes orange and then green back and forth really fast, and clicks to start. The blade even spins but it is as if in a car the motor doesn't "turn over" to fully start.

And this time nothing I do seems to work for 2 days now of trying.

Battery indicates full charge, headlights on the machine work, and as i said it clicks and even starts to spin the blade. But doesn't fully turn on.

What else could I do?
Photo of mike

mike

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mine just started not working until I tried doing what this guy is doing on this video. If yours is like this it's going to have to go in for a warranty repair. https://youtu.be/pWYtoDaYCB0