How to store all of my EGO products?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I need to hang my 4 products and there are no available hooks. I like to keep my garage tidy. I have the hedge trimmer, lawn mower, blower and edger.
Photo of Gerry Grady

Gerry Grady

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Gerry, what I have done might help you.

I bought a piece of modular rack from a local hardware store that had various types of tool hanging hooks available.

For the string trimmer I used a hook that had two fingers that protrude and angle up. I bent the two fingers out slightly until the tail of the trimmer sat firmly in place.

For the blower I used a single straight hook and drilled a small quarter inch hole in the bottom of the blower tube at the very end.

I don't have my hedge trimmer yet but I can tell you there is a hole in the bottom of the unit that will allow hanging it on a nail or screw head.

My mower sits very compact, folded up against the wall below my other tools and protrudes less out into the garage than the garbage pail it sits beside.

Wall storage options is one area where Ego could improve their line. Offering a selection of tool specific hooks and/or some better options for hanging on the tools themselves would increase their storability.

For now my do it yourself solutions are working extremely well.
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Good idea! Just need a charging station
Photo of gregrapp

gregrapp

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Would really like to see Ego work on this.  Shouldn't be that hard to provide some hooks make to fit the tools.,
Photo of Gerry Grady

Gerry Grady

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you that is very helpful,

Gerry
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I do something similar as well. Though I need to get more tracks to mount more things on the wall in my garage. I think a dedicated Ego track would look nice.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Here's a couple pics of my current setup, anxiously waiting the arrival of the 15" string trimmer and hedge trimmer:

(Edited)
Photo of Dean

Dean

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled product storage?.

There is no way to hang the blower, the charger hangs, the trimmer hangs, but the blower which has good counter balanced weight and a flat bottom has no hook holes or a way to hang.  The design and product is so good, and the site even has links to garage organization, I can not believe they missed this detail.  Perhaps a molded wall strip that holds each unit, the charger(s), and spare batteries that can be purchased and added to with each unit type, but links together like sideways "legos" would give people a way to store the entire Ego system as it grows. I know it may motivate me to buy more pieces if it had a storage "system"  to make a EGO wall location in my garage.  Clean and convenient is the key to good design.
Photo of Randolph Wells

Randolph Wells

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had that problem. too.  I keep looking at the bottom of the blower for a place to hang it, like on the battery chargers.  Since I have wire shelving in the garage, I simply got hold of an "S" hook and hung it off one side of the wire shelf.  The grille on the bottom of the blower hooks right on the "S" hook.  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Considering how much thought and design went into the mower's storage, it's a little surprising that storage for the other tools hasn't been given the same level of attention.

A simple set of molded tool-specific plastic brackets would make storage much easier.

The solution I posted above works very well, and only took some slight modifications to the tools/brackets.

I'll post an update when I get my hedge trimmer mounted.
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 9,052 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

As I posted in another thread, which was conveniently ignored by the staff.  There was a lot of great thinking that went into the tools but it makes you scratch your head when you think about some simple things that were overlooked.

I really have no idea what a tidy garage is....lol.  I think I'm going to clean mine up one day.

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,234 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Help please, over run with batteries and chargers.

Take a look at this, this doesn't even include my hand power tool batteries and chargers.  Now, don't lie, some of you have the same problem.  I do not want any of my batteries to be in a storage building or outside area.  Please post some pictures of your setup.  I'm drowning in Batteries.

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,412 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This looks like a Green Lantern Head Quarter ... LOL!!!!