ST1521S - 3rd string, 120 days, power-loader already dead ;-(

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

ST1521S - 120th day of ownership, exactly
...as simple as it gets, tried to load third time since purchase string into weed-wacker and it refused to do so. Clicking sound - but no movement ;-( Took head apart, no visible damage or broken parts. Speaking of which, it wasn't dispensing string either after I winded string on the spool by hand. 
Photo of Roger Kaputnik

Roger Kaputnik

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • ...shafted once again.

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,866 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sorry to see you are having trouble with the string trimmer. The trimmer has a 5 year warranty. Hopefully you have registered it on EGO's site, including uploading your receipt, to help make a warranty claim easier. Not a deal breaker if you haven't but be prepared to provide info to EGO customer service when you call. Best to register before calling. 
Then give EGO cs a call and they will help you out. Best to call early in the day.

They can be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).

Photo of Roger Kaputnik

Roger Kaputnik

UPD. I am in doubt that solution offered will actually solve the problem, but as long as I am not the one to foot the bill...
I don't see relationship between bump-head replacement and failure of the spool to rotate in the opposite direction.
Albeit, what do I know...
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,866 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What does UPD mean?
The "solution offered" means EGO will either have you send yours in for repair under warranty or they will send you a new one under warranty. 
Maybe there is no relationship between bump head replacement and spool not rotating in opposite direction. Calling EGO CS might give you that info too if you ask. 
Photo of Roger Kaputnik

Roger Kaputnik

UPD=update

solution offered by cust. service was replacement of the bump head. its it.
... usually I don't expect any problem solving on the forums, especially here, where I've noticed negative posts being routinely removed, or otherwise obscured by any and all means. Thus phone-call was, is and will be first step on my books.

...looks like liberal application of the plastic-safe lubricant solved problem, at least for now.
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Roger, this has been an excellent forum for users helping users, in my experience. If you have no confidence in this forum, why are you here? Oregon Mike's response is exactly what you should follow.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.