ST1500F Trimmer Head keeps coming off during use

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: ST1500SF Trimmer Head flew off

While using the ST1500F, the Trimmer Head separated from the machine. When I put the Trimmer Head back, it was usable for a few minutes, but then it separated from the machine again during use. It appears that the "Flange" that attaches to the Spool Base was either lost when the Trimmer Head originally separated or I'm confusing one of the Washers with the Flange. Either way, I can't use the trimmer. 

I believe the problem is a missing Flange, since when I tighten the Nut to the Motor Shaft, it is too easy to tighten the Nut to the point where the Trimmer Head won't spin.

Does a replacement Trimmer Head come with the Flange? 
Can I get a Flange? I can't find a part number for a replacement Flange in the manual.

I've called customer service multiple times, and I've abandoned the phone after a 30 minute wait on a Saturday, and 10 minutes today. 

I have a SNT2102 snow blower, LB5750 blower, an additional 5.0AH battery, and this mentioned string trimmer. So, I'm deep in the Ego system, but I'm blown away I haven't been able to find any official information on obtaining a replacement Flange or whether a new Trimmer Head comes with a Flange. 

Please help with me this.
Photo of James Moriarty

James Moriarty

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 65,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi James! Just to clarify, this is the piece you're missing? 

We're sorry you've had a frustrating experience, but ringing Customer Service is really the fastest way to get the part(s) you need. If you experience any wait, just leave a voicemail and they'll call you back. 
Photo of James Moriarty

James Moriarty

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Amber. That is the part. 

Also, I would still like to know if a replacement Trimmer Head comes with a Flange. Does it? Also, do you have any insight into whether the problem I described would be consistent with a missing Flange?

As a request, it would be nice if parts like the Flange could be available on Amazon just like the trimmer line is. 

Thank you for the quick reply.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 64,918 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The flange does not come with the Rapid Reload Replacement Head (AH1500). However, you can order it through Customer Service.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.