Something wrong with my posts.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

What is the deal?  I like EGO, I like Greenworks.  Tell me what in or about my posts is not helpful?  I am really nervous about what I just heard from Amber and really do not know what to do.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • anxious and not happy

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have a feeling if you stop mentioning other brands in your posts there won’t be any problems. This IS an Ego forum. ;-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
TAT I imagine a mention here or there about a competitors product good or bad is fine.  But inundating every conversation on every topic with constant references to competitor products is not what an Ego product/users board is about.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I never realized that I was doing that.  was it really that bad?  I did not see your post when i posted my reply before this one.
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You do talk about competitors quite a bit.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

yeah, I guess I do.  I'm used to comparing tools quite a bit. I'll see if I can tone it down a notch or two.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

yup, heard more mention of competitor products in the past two weeks than in the past 6 months.  And that was mainly you or responses to your comments. Obviously I have no such measurement, but you get the idea.
You just posted a video that featured as much or more competitor gear as ego gear.

So just stick to ego - plusses and minuses are fine - just ego focused as this is an ego site
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I've been very active on this forum lately, and right now, I have more of another brand's stuff than EGO stuff.  I would feel more comfortable sending you a personal message containing the details on why in this moment than I would posting it here in this moment, but in short, the competitor fulfilled my needs better than EGO's counterparts did.  I've been wanting another 575 unit and the newer model of hedge trimmer lately, but haven't had the money to get them because I fell behind from not having a working mower.  

Anyway, I really like EGO as a company and I like EGO products, but some of them need work.  Also, I only came back to the forum two weeks ago.  
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Well enough.  With that said, there is the matter of me being myself.  I refuse to be someone that I am not, so I'm probably going to need a little more help.  I need to calm down a bit before I start reviewing my posts and see where I might be crossing lines, if you guys could bring some examples to me, that would be greatly helpful, because I really do not want to leave this forum, but I will if I don't feel comfortable posting here anymore.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Mentioning another brand as an alternative is probably something that you shouldn’t do.

To be honest, I’m quite surprised at how much freedom is given to discuss freely here, given that this is a Chervon owned site. If this forum was much more heavily moderated I could understand why.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Whoa, our absolute last intention was to make you nervous or alarmed. You have my sincere apologies if my last comment came off otherwise! 

As previously mentioned, Jen and I really do love your enthusiasm. You're a wonderful asset to our users! However, keep in mind that there is a ton of content on the community, which means repeating almost identical statements (regardless of topic) is less than ideal in terms of making this space as user-friendly as possible. Furthermore, don't forget that this community here to support EGO users specifically. 

Again, my mistake for not communicating more clearly. :-) 
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I understand.  I'm sorry if I got really nervous.  I've gone through some hard times in my past that make me a bit sensitive to stuff like this.  I also have over the years become hyperfocused on the now moment and am needing to work on remembering some of what I've already done.  I'll work harder to do so.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We are truly sorry to see you go! Please know that you have been a fantastic resource for the entire community and we've enjoyed having you. While we understand and will respect your choice to leave, there will always be a place for you here should you decide to return. Until then, we, too, will bid you adieu. 
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Thank you guys very much, I'm feeling a bit better now already.  Three years ago, I had something really terrible happen to me and I never fully recovered from it, though I have mostly, but one problem that I have had was in trusting in others to trust me, and it has been difficult for me, and without going too much into detail with that, I can tell you that you have helped me out quite a bit just by being there for me when I need it.  It really means a lot to me.  I will work a bit harder to make sure I'm not posting repetitive or unhelpful stuff, as it is never my intent to be bothersome to anyone.  I thank all of you.  I am always open to feedback from you all on any of the content that I post.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I’m sure you’re a really great person and I don’t think you actually offended anybody. No worries! :-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

yep, you certainly have a ton of technical knowledge which is fantastic stuff.

Like I said, just keep it ego focused and all is good.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Well, I just became less useful that I was on this forum, since... well, I know no longer how honest or upfront I can be now, so...  this is going to be even harder than I thought. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,584 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
On some other brand specific sites I'm on we use the term SOB (some other brand) which seems to be more acceptable than throwing around the actual brand name. Maybe that's a way to handle it?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Okay folks, I have decided to leave the forum for now.  All of you, Blue Angel, Amber, szwoopp, Ken, Oregon Mike have been a great help to me on this thread, and I thank you for that. It has been a great excitement working with all of you and the other members on this forum, SCDC, jacob, and many others. 

There is a saying: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift.  That is why they call it the present, and in this moment I neither feel nor think that I belong here.  As for whether I may be back or may post every once in a while, I don't know, but my heart isn't in it anymore, and I always follow my heart.  You have all helped me discover new parts of myself that I had not seen before and I hope I have helped all of you discover new parts of your respective selves that you have not seen before as well.  With that expressed, I will respond to stuff on this thread, any questions you may have for the next few hours, then I will bid you ado.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I was really waiting for somebody else to ask this, but I'll just answer it: why am I deciding to leave?  Why now and not before?  

Well, it's quite simple.  I did not realize until now (maybe I should have, maybe not, I don't know) that some of what I was posting really didn't belong on this forum.  While I do fully believe in being honest just like Johnny Mow, some of what I was saying just didn't fit in.  Maybe it should have, maybe not, that is for all of you to decide.

An Idea that I will leave behind is that you invite an EGO engineer onto the forum if any are interested.  That could be a very great help to some people.

I am truly sorry for any trouble I caused you. Ado.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,462 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
First off, it's adieu. LOL  Ok, that aside. We will miss you. Why you are leaving is your decision and none of the forum's business. 
However, having said that, "None of us is as good as all of us" (Ray Kroc, founder of McDonalds). So, your leaving leaves us that much weaker overall. You will be missed.
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I apologize for not responding earlier. Late afternoon is the busiest time of day for me at work.

I know what it's like getting too wrapped up in online activity. It's a great outlet, a great way to learn and to help others. But sometimes we all need to step back and reevaluate whether it's always the best way we can be spending our time.

Take some time away. You'll know if and when you're ready to come back. We'll still be here.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

We thank you for your replies.  We will miss you all as well. Adieu.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Take care of yourself.  You know where to find us.  :-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.