SNT 2103

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

1-25-2017

My letter to Home Depot.com

Hello,

Please check my order: I ordered the EGO Snow Blower Model. SNT 2103 a complete kit which includes the 2x 7.5 amp batteries (shipped separately) and the rapid charger.

What I received is the EGO Model. SNT 2100 in a brown box which is sold only as a bare tool. It states on the box, Batteries and Charger not included. Batteries did arrive as a separate shipment. Understood due to hazardous materials. There is no charger listed as being shipped with my order. Item is no good to me without the charger...Duh! Another thing...On the EGO website it states that the batteries are to be a matched set with matching serial numbers ending with a letters A and B.Only room to register 1 serial number for the batteries for the snow blower.  I received an unmatched set with production dates AUG. 2016 and NOV. 2016. At this time appears that I received older mismatched inventory and minus the charger too.I told my spouse I had a feeling this was going to get weird after reading about this on the EGO website forum. Guess I should return it and reorder later. Big disappointment for a $1000 dollar purchase.  Back to the shovel.

Photo of BurningMan

BurningMan

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi BurningMan, we are starting to see batteries packaged at factory level that are now mismatched serial numbers. This does not affect their performance. We are in the progress of changing our website to allow for 2 battery registrations with their own lines (and not one combined line). The batteries and chargers are sometimes shipped separately as well. The fact that everything came separately does not mean that your tool wasn't the right product. In any case, we're happy to hear that Home Depot ordered you another SNT2103. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know. Product registration can be done over the phone as well to avoid the "one box" you get for the battery registration for the moment.