Snowblower works great on dense snow on steep 100 yard driveway (video)

• Praise
  • Updated 6 months ago
See youtube video for demonstration of good performance of the SNT2100 (dual 5.0AH) on a steep (6%) long (100 yard) driveway with dense snow.  Includes a comparison with conventional gas powered 2-phase tractor-based blower.  Unit blew approximately 7500 pounds of snow on one charge.  Each battery recharged in 40 minutes.  The snow density was about 142 kg/cubic meter (light snow is ~50kg/cubic meter).
Photo of John Pearson

John Pearson

• 518 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Good first use under challenging conditions

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 95,114 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Great video John.  Thanks for sharing. 
Photo of John Pearson

John Pearson

thanks!  Its pretty long, but I was trying to teach myself how to use a new camera!
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 63,024 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Really nice review. Also, thanks for demonstrating how it can help clear drifts higher than itself near a door. Definitely could save some shoveling effort.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great job, John!  I like how you pointed out the advantages of a small lightweight machine and how its agility is a HUGE plus.

I feel where the Ego lacks in outright chewing/throwing power for the plow pile, it makes up for in ease of use.  For more typical residential driveways, anyway.  Your long driveway is a great place to put it to the test!  With a driveway that large, the dual 7.5Ah kit must have crossed your mind, no?
Photo of John Pearson

John Pearson

Yes, I did think about the 7.5AH kit, but thought I'd save some bucks, and then upgrade as needed, handing down the 5.0AH unit to a lucky son-in-law!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

That is one lucky son-in-law!!!
Photo of John Pearson

John Pearson

Here's a second video demonstrating the performance in lighter snow (72 kg per cubic meter).  Interesting that the total pounds of snow tossed (7500 lbs) on one charge was the same as in the dense snow situation reported above.  CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nicely done!