Snowblower safety switch

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Under Consideration
Is it just me or is it annoying as F that every time you let off the bailer switch on the snow blower you have to depress the green button to re start it?

Second season using it and I'm annoyed by that. The scraper bar catching on every crack too and wearing fast is almost tied for first with that issue.

I honestly think it should just be a on/off key and once you pull the bailer it starts up.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 7,474 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

• 15,862 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Well, you *could* bypass it but that's not the greatest of ideas since that would be defeating a safety interlock. If it's sort of the same setup as the mower, I find it pretty darn easy. Meaning both hands are on the handlebar anyway so one finger presses the green button and the other hand engages the bail. An on/off key is an interesting idea however. Although the redundant safety feature is my preference.
(Edited)
Photo of Erik

Erik

I don't know what the mowers like I just find it annoying that the green button has to be depressed and held before the bailer switch is pulled back, then you can let go of the green button.
Photo of TK

TK

• 3,624 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Erik you are right. There is overkill in the number of permissives that are required to start the blower,as well as the lawn mower.
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 7,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have a rubber band on my blower handle. I think a removable battery is enough of a safety feature to keep it from accidently operating.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 43,552 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you find briefly pressing a button to start your snow blower to be worth complaining about, that's the definition of a First World problem. Go back to using and maintaining a gasoline snow blower and let us know how that compares. Or better yet, try a shovel.

Honestly, do some of you just sit around trying to think of things to complain about?
(Edited)
Photo of Erik

Erik

I never had a gas blower, you shouldn't assume things. , I do use a shovel also every snow fall with my blower. For something I paid 600$ for I think I'm allowed to not like features on it and say so.

This is a public forum every one on here is allowed their opinion.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 43,552 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I didn't say you aren't allowed to have an opinion, and since this is a public forum you can expect to hear opinions in response. And my opinion is that your complaint is silly. Seriously, pressing a button is a burden, or as you so eloquently put it, "annoying as F"?
(Edited)
Photo of TK

TK

• 3,624 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

No we just want to give you something to do

Photo of Tom Meyers

Tom Meyers

• 892 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Without Safety interlocks somebody, short on sleep, working far longer than they should have, would loose an hand clearing a clogged shute on a mower or blower. Or, somebody lets the loving dog out that comes racing over for a hug.......
Keep in mind, It could be you !