snow blower review

• Praise
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • (Edited)
Pulled the trigger on the Ego Snow Blower the end of November '17.  Have a 50'x12' level blacktop driveway, 800 sq. ft. paver patio and a flagstone walkway to clean.  Since purchase we have had 3 snowfalls in northern NJ.  Broke out the blower for a light dusty snow of approx. 1" back the first week of December.  I quickly learned that the performance if not great in small amount of snow.  Barley got 3-4 feet throw.  I ruled this not a fair snowfall to make a judgement, broke out shovel and decided would have to wait for a decent snowfall.  Second snowfall was the same, shovel job again.

Finally today (1/4/18) came the massive storm that hit the whole East coast and it was test time.  Installed 2 freshly charged batteries and went to town.  Had around 5-6" on fresh fine snow, blower chewed right through it, and threw snow at least 15 - 20".  Cleaned up driveway, patio and walkway in no time.  Then went to my elderly neighbor and did his driveway with battery to spare!

Another neighbor commented how quiet my blower was and was so impressed with it said he was going to dump all his gas products for ego system (which is what I am in process of).

Thumbs up on the Ego Snowblower!
Photo of William Giordano

William Giordano

• 608 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,548 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
NICE!!! Great to hear.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 63,072 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Great report William.  My results mirror yours.

For a light snow fall I still find the blower useful.  I go down the driveway once or twice giving a quick push with the shovel.  This give me a deeper pile of snow on the side of the driveway I was pushing to.  Then I finish the job with the snow blower never having to lift a shovel off the ground.  Speeds up the job from trying the blow the whole thing and keeps my back happy and lets me use my blower more.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 160,732 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I use the same technique during light snowfalls, works great and saves your back!
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Blue, I think you are the one that gave me the idea. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nah, I bet it’s just that great minds think alike. ;-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

William - great review!

Ego - where’s William’s commission cheque? :-)
Photo of William Giordano

William Giordano

• 608 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'll settle for a discount on the Lawn Mower I want to buy in spring.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Remnants of an great early morning clearing the driveway, sidewalks and van of snow.  Had the snow blower out 3 times so far and it has been working great. Never at a lack of power as I shove it into the piles of snow at the end of the driveway left by the city plow. 

(Edited)
Photo of Randy

Randy

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I to have had great results with the snowblower. I bought it last year but we never got much snow but I have put it to the test this year. We got 7 " 2 days ago and another 4 last night I did all my neighbors drives both times. They are all around 80' by 20' and I can get 2 done on the 5 amp battery's while they are charging I put 2 of the 2.5 amp batteries in and can do 1 more. This thing can easily go through 8 to 10" with no problem. My neighbors are also impressed with how good it works. The only thing is that the scraper bar does ware fast, I have to get me one on order will probably get 2 so I have a spare. I also have the leaf blower, weed trimmer,and hedge trimmers and they all perform great. Leaf blower has also been getting a lot of use in all this snow, works great to keep the lite stuff off after using the snowblower. My next purchase is the sp mower, like William said I am waiting on a discount also.