Snow Blower now available!

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

Everyone, we're pleased to announce that our Snow Blower is currently available for sale here (kit): http://thd.co/2aJKwe4

and here (bare tool): http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-in-...
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Happy

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,440 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Nice!!!!  Looks like I missed out - they're backordered until September 1.  :(  Anyway, I'll probably wait for the bare tool.  I expect to see a lot of chargers + two (5 amp) batteries on Craig's List in the next month....  ;p

You didn't miss out.  It's a pre-sale. You can still order but they won't ship until September 1st.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Thanks.  UGH...  I am SOOO tempted.. it just kills me because I have no use for yet another Rapid Charger and two 5 amp batteries (I bought two of the 7.5 amp batteries when you announced the blower was coming a long time ago).  :)

So... any idea if the bare tool will arrive before the snow starts falling in (lower) Michigan this year???

The bare tool should be available around October.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Hmmm... if that's accurate, and they ship by the end of October, I may be good then.  Thanks for your candidness!  
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Anyone want to speculate on the pricing of the bare tool?

The 21-inch mower comes with the rapid charger and a single 5.0 Ah battery for $499. The bare tool is $120 less.

My guess: Omitting the rapid charger and two 5.0 Ah batteries, the bare snow blower will be $200 less --- $399.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Anyone want to speculate on the pricing of the bare tool?
@Ken: I'm going to guess $429 USD, keeping in alignment with the bare SP-mower.  I realize the snow blower kit comes with two 5 amp batteries, but one could spin that as a bonus to early adopters who didn't wait for the bare tool.

Time will tell!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Hey @Jennifer VandeWater - the "weather resistance" rating on your product page (on EGO's site) may be wrong.  It's listed as "IP4X" (which is "Cannot be penetrated by a solid object 0.04 in. (1.0mm) or more in diameter."), instead of "IPX4" (which is "Water sprayed from all directions from a distance of 11.81 in (300mm) to 11.69 in (50mm) at a rate of 10 l/min. for 10 minutes.").

IPX4 is the correct rating for this snow blower.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

I figured.  Just thought you'd want to know about the product page snafu.  Also, any official product videos coming soon?

Yes, product video should be ready and available by next week.  I'll post a link when you can see it.
Photo of "Doc"

"Doc"

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Under the specs it says NO for a charger.  Is that a misprint?

Definitely a typo.  The rapid charger is definitely included.  We will get that changed.  Thank you!
(Edited)
Photo of "Doc"

"Doc"

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Jennifer.  Am sending in my order right now!  Again, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!"
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Fixed it. Thanks a lot!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

No prob!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Patiently waiting, up here, north of the border.

Patiently

Waiting

Waiting patiently. Is it here yet?

How about now? :-/
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Hey Blue - did you order the kit?  Or are you waiting for the bare tool?  
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Do you Canadians already have snow? I was under the impression that it's still Summer everywhere north of the equator until late September. Surely you won't have any snow to try it out on for a few more months, right?

Of course once you get a snowblower that you're eager to try out, you'll probably have a record late first snowfall this winter!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

We've had snow in October in Michigan, years past.  Though, it's been a long time since that has happened, and judging from the record climate change that has been occurring, I doubt we'll ever see it again in my lifetime.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The snow blower won't be available up here for some time yet in either form.

Yeah, we don't get any meaningful amount of snow until December usually.
Photo of William Mosby

William Mosby

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok so I have a few questions:

1) it does come with the rapid charger? I don't have one yet and didn't want to buy one if it comes with the snow blower

2) if I have the 7.5 battery can I use that with the 5 in the blower? Or am I better off getting another 5 to compliment the back pack blower and then have two 5s to swap in snow blower if I need it.

Thanks in advance

Soooo excited. I was seriously considering the new new snow Joe....

Hi William. Yes, it does come with the rapid charger.  There is a typo on homedepot.com that we are rectifying.  Yes, you can use the 7.5Ah battery in the blower (or any tool, they are all compatible!).
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@William Mosby said:  2) if I have the 7.5 battery can I use that with the 5 in the blower?

Yes, you combine different Ah batteries in the snow blower (so, in your example combining a 7.5 Ah battery and a 5 Ah battery will be fine).  

That said, from the manual:

For best performance, we recommend use with two 4.0Ah EGO 56V ArcLithium batteries or with two EGO 56V Arc-Lithium batteries of greater capacity. 
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Jennifer, I could be wrong but I think William's question was whether you could use a 7.5Ah and 5Ah battery in the snow blower at the same time?

Regardless, I would like to know as well. I'm assuming it's ok to mix and match batteries in the snow blower since the manual doesn't seem to say not to, just that batteries 4Ah and larger should be used to guarantee maximum performance from the snow blower.

Any additional information on the dual battery system from your Engineers would be appreciated as well, since the manual says literally nothing about how the batteries interface with each other and the tool. Specifically, how does using batteries of different size/capacity and/or different charge levels affect the tool performance, run time, etc.

I have my thoughts about how the system works, but I would like some concrete information so I'm not just speculating when someone asks a question... and I foresee LOTS of questions being asked about the dual battery system. ;-)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

I could have sworn that she already chimed in during another thread and said mixing different Ah batteries, just as long as they are larger than the 4 Ah capacity, was OK.  Can't seem to find the thread though, so I might be hallucinating LOL!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Aha! If so I missed it. My other questions still stand though. :-)

Yes, you can mix and match the batteries in the snow blower.  We suggest using at least a 4.0Ah or higher but you can definitely have the 5.0 & 7.5 in there at the same time.

I don't have the tool performance specs that you want right now though.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

You've got until October. :-D
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,422 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jennifer,

I live near Montreal, Canada.  When do you expect the snowblower to hit our Home Depo's here in canada?

Thanks!!

They should be in stock in Canada at the end of September/beginning of October.
Photo of Frederic Lavigne

Frederic Lavigne

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the info.
Photo of Robby

Robby

• 752 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Jennifer,

Please pretty please provide an option to buy this snow blower with a single 7.5 battery. If the market isn't big enough for that offering, please consider a promotion or rebate to get a bare tool + single battery at a discounted rate. Those of us who have the 21" mower/7.5 combo could really use a second 7.5 battery for this, but having to buy two new ones, or bare tool + 7.5 at full MSRP as a separate would be rough. Thanks.

Robby
(Edited)

Thanks for the feedback Robby.  If we have more kits, we'll update you here.
Photo of Taurean17

Taurean17

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the exact same request as Robby.
Either have a package with one 7.5 AH battery or bare tool and 7.5 AH battery on sale. I am guessing many others who have LM2102SP will have similar request to be able to take advantage of the existing 7.5 AH and fast charger at hand, for this snow blower too instead of getting two batteries at higher price.
Also, this newly released snow blower is not self propelled, right? Do you have plans to release a self-propelled one too this fall?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,948 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or how about an option to buy bare batteries with the tool at a discounted rate?

Kinda like BOGO; Buy One tool Get One battery 50% off?

This could work based on bare tool cost, so that the smaller tools get BOGO pricing for batteries one size larger than what comes with the tool when bought as a kit. It would be a pretty nice way to offer a flexible buying arrangement that took the sting out of buying a spare battery. Let's face it, when you look at the cost of the kits and compare that to the cost of the same bare battery included in the kit, the batteries are priced VERY high.

It would probably even increase the sales of bare batteries, and by quite a lot I would think. It would convince people to pick up a spare with the tool.
Photo of Ron Weiler

Ron Weiler

• 60 Points
Super excited about the new blower for my home here in Buffalo, NY.  A little disappointed in EGO however.  Had signed up for early notification of the blower going on sale but was never contacted by anyone at EGO.  It was to include early adopter pricing. What happened EGO?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

I've never seen anything promising "early adopter pricing."
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

"was to include early adopter pricing. What happened EGO?"

There has never - EVER - been "early adopter pricing". Please cite your source.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,948 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Jennifer clarified that the email notification was going to go out once their team had the product video ready to post, which is supposed to be this week I think? Either way, like they other said it was not going to include special pricing, just a chance to get it early.

The email blast has been delayed until we fix a couple typos on homedepot.com.  We don't want to cause more confusion.  There's a typo about the charger and batteries and we're waiting for the page to update.  There has never been early adopter pricing promised.  This is a pre-sale only with limited quantities to allow those interested to get this snow blower first before everyone.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have been waiting for this to come out since I have switched out my gas lawn mower & weed wacker to EGO.  Still trying to get rid of my old Sears Craftsman snow blower, before buying this new awesomeness!!!!  Now if EGO can make an "edger" to accompany the rest of my lawn equipment, I will be the envy of my neighbors : )
(Edited)
Photo of Topthrl

Topthrl

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Maybe I missed it, but how many minutes does this last with 2 of the 5 amp hr batteries? Also, is it able to be used with a single battery for half the time? Thank you!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It can be used with one or two batteries, but it's recommended to use two batteries 4Ah or larger for best performance.

I remember reading that it was rated to clear an area 30 x 60 and 6" deep snow. What type of snow? Who knows, but that's a pretty decent size driveway.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Blue - the product page (both EGO's as well as HD's) state that it can actually clear up to 10" depth - not 6".  How that translates into real-world use remains to be seen, though.  ;)

@Topthrl - the length of time it runs will depend on the workload, I would imagine.  Impossible to calculate as each use scenario will be different.  Looking forward to finding out how it runs on two 7.5 Ah batteries during a Michigan winter, though!  :D
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

DJ, I believe you are correct that it's rated to clear up to 10" of depth. The 6" depth was in regard to how much snow volume the blower can move on a charge using two 5Ah batteries. 30 x 60 x 6" is about 900 cuft of snow.

At 10" deep the blower should clear about a 30 x 36 area, assuming the same snow moving efficiency.

That seems like a pretty decent amount of snow, considering it's about the size of the shared driveway we have with our neighbors (we're in a townhouse). So clearing my half plus the pile at the road from the snow plow looks like a reality on one pair of 5Ah batteries even after a fairly significant snowfall.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

I suspect it wouldn't be that linear to calculate area at a given depth.

I don't have an engineering explanation, but having cut my grass at varying lengths I see an exponential dropoff in run time with slightly higher load. I can cut my whole front and back yard with my 7.5Ah battery with 25% charge left over when it has only been a few days. Wait a day or two more and the mower has to work a lot harder and the battery can't quite cut my whole back yard on a single charge. Another day or two after that and it takes two full 7.5Ah battery charges to cut.

Translate grass to snow, and I think you will see something similar. Moving 10" of snow will probably be like using the blower on turbo instead of low-medium for 6".
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

There's only one way to find out! :-)

Hi all, here is our latest product video for the snow blower.   https://youtu.be/bPKcCEKUYnQ
(Edited)
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,412 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Nice video.  From what I see the snow seems kinda wet.  So it's promising to see the snow being thrown away that far with that kind of snow.

Snow is definatly sticky since you can see the snow stuck on the tree and the pavement is already melt down....

Cant wait to get it in canada.  

Jennifer, do you have the MSRP its gonna be here in canada?

Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Fantastic product commercial as always, EGO!  Would love to see this on broadcast television.  You guys need to get the word out to all of the Plebeians out there.  

Jean-Francois, I don't have the MSRP in Canada yet but it'll be available there in about a month so you don't have to wait much longer.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

J-F, agreed, that snow looks pretty dense even if it's only 4" thick! It's tossing it a good distance and the guy seems to be walking at a pretty fast pace as well. Looks promising!!! :-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

J-F, since the price of the SP mower kit is $849 in Canada I wouldn't be surprised to see Home Depot overprice the snow blower kit the same way... both are priced the same in the US at $599.

For the record, the exchange rate has been hovering around $0.76-$0.78 for quite some time. Converted to Canadian, the $599 US price works out to $768-$788.

Oh, and we pay 13% sales tax on top of that as well... not that HD has any control over that but it still factors into a customer's buying decision.

I would REALLY like to see the Ego snow blower kit come in at $750 in Canada. Gas blowers start at $622 for single stage and $800 for dual stage on HomeDepot.ca. Keep it in line with the single stage gas blowers please!

I understand HD not taking the OPE market in Canada quite as seriously as in the US since we're literally 10% the size of the US population, but for a product like the snow blower we will represent FAR more than 10% of the sales volume.

Here's hoping that Home Depot does two things much better with the Ego snow blower than they did with the 21" SP mower kit:

1. Price it right, as if you actually intend to sell it.
2. Don't limit your stock levels and run out of them 1/3 of the way into the season!!!

There you go. This isn't rocket surgery! ;-)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

I just wanted to chime in and say that EGO did a good job at pricing this blower for the initial tool + batteries kit.  

For reference, I just looked up several gas-Yamaha 21" single stage blowers with similar features on Home Depot's website, and they start out at $599 USD and top out at about $649 USD (all are 21" in width, push the same amount of snow per throw distance, and have similar features - though all are missing LED lights).  Though, most of them claim to be able to clear 12" of snow (whereas EGO claims to clear 10").  

I guess my point is, for the same price or cheaper, EGO meets 90% of the depth without the fumes and mess.  I can live with a 10% margin of depth difference if it means I'm able to finally throw my old Craftsmen gas+oil mix death trap to the curb!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I hope the Canadian arm of HD can get the pricing right!!!
Photo of Taurean17

Taurean17

Is there going to be a self-propelled version of this Snow Blower too? If yes, expected date?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Since their first gen product hasn't even started shipping yet, I wouldn't count on an updated model for at least two years. That's just my own personal speculation.

Ego doesn't comment much on future tool releases, not until they're ready to go with a launch anyway. They only dropped a snow blower hint early to quiet the growing unrest from the townspeople, who were becoming more and more impatient with every passing day without a snow blower to take advantage of their superior OPE batteries during winter time. :-)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

Clearly those of us south of the snow belt didn't make enough noise about wanting an emergency power station so we can use our batteries during winter time too!

Although the storms we get in the winter aren't often strong enough to knock out power—maybe we need a way to power Christmas lights off the Ego batteries instead! Pretty sure some people in GA leave their Christmas lights up for most of the winter...
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Backup power for xmas lights... that's some serious first world problems! Ego, let's help these people out!!! :-)
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

LOL!

Hi Taurean, this is the only version of the snow blower for right now and this year. Future versions will be announced here as they are confirmed. 
Photo of Taurean17

Taurean17

Thanks Jennifer and Blue Angel !

I was asking SP version because, SP version of mower came with 7.5 AH (I own one), while regular version comes with 5 AH.

So, I was hoping the same with SP version of Snow Blower, if there is a plan for SP version this year. Looks like no chance for it this year.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'd just like to share this picture from the snow blower page... I just saw it now. Sure a video of this action would be much cooler, I certainly hope this pic is accurate as far as tackling the snow plow pile!

Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Thanks for sharing this.  He's wasting the battery with the LED lights on - it's clearly daytime.  ;)  :p  jk!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

With enough headlight power maybe we could just melt the snow instead of blowing it?!?!?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Ooh, laser-equipped snow blower. Ego needs to get on that!
Photo of Simon Rioux

Simon Rioux

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes, when I saw this, gave me confidence in their snowblower... Because that usually the most difficult part for a snowblower, so I think they thought about it when designing the product.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

I finally got the email blast this morning. It's disappointing that it's two weeks after the presale went live.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Initially I felt the same, but all of us here in the forums who regularly visit/participate were told the day of.  It's sort of a "reward" of sorts for those of us who choose to be active in EGO's community.

I don't have a problem with this one bit, in retrospect.  
Photo of Simon Rioux

Simon Rioux

• 302 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Jennifer, when will the EGO Snowblower be available at Home Depot Canada? Not on their website, and we can't reserve in advance...

Simon, this will be available with Home Depot Canada in October.  They didn't opt into the pre-sale as the US did. We're trying to get it there sooner than October but that's the date they've set at this time.
(Edited)
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

New video here with Barnaby.

It's the first video that in my opinion shows the ego struggling.  But hey it's blowing wet wood chips and we are not seeing other blowers blowing the same thing to compare.  

Heck I cant beleive I am so excited about this product and want it so badly in canada and we havnt really seen the blower in snow condition except for the EGO promo video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT9mx59ZhZQ
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Thanks for posting!

I think Barnaby was struggling more than the blower was! Lol
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

EGO's blower isn't struggling at all - it's Barnaby struggling LOL!  But he's trying this with wet wooden mulch/wood chips, not snow.  If it can throw wood chunks that well, I have no doubt that this will push through snow with ease.  

Seeing the initial test videos where they easily pushed the early units in wet saw dust and dirt, I'm not worried.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I second that.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

I hear Barnaby saying its a 2000 watts motor!!  If that is the case I think it's twice the wattage of the self propelled mower wich is at 1000 watts if I am not mistaken!!  Thats power
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yup, 2000 W = 2.68 Hp

Considering how electric motors deliver their torque, this machine should kick some butt!

Did anyone else notice how quiet it was? I didn't realize it was running until it started throwing stuff! Though I did watch it on my phone, which doesn't help... :-/
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I couldn't hear the engine because Barnaby was talking so loud ... probably because he was struggling to push the EGO snow blower.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

He sure can talk! There's no way I could pound out the facts like that, let alone operate a piece of equipment at the same time... someone would lose a foot or something!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

He is definitely SUPER EXCITED about EGO, and you are right, he can talk fast!
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Other thing I noticed in the new video VS the first video with the saw dust is the auger handle.  Seems Barnaby is really not pushing the handle to its fastest rotation speed VS the video with the saw dust.  Might be the reason why it's not pushing it so far!!

Look here for the handle at around 35 sec into the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJPvrJQrLwM

NVM that is the handle chute!!  My bad
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

So many knobs and buttons... It's not even here and we're confused already!?! :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Can't wait to push all the buttons !!!

Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Jennifer, do you know when will the HD get snow blower demo units so that we can try it out?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Jennifer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm unaware of any HD locations who have demo units for customers to try out. I would think unless you're lucky enough to happen upon a demonstration day where someone from Ego shows up, you'll have to buy to try.

With a 90 day return window, I see that as pretty risk free. :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I can not comment for Jennifer either, but my two local HDs don't have any demo units out for testing.  Everything they have out is for sale, like you said Blue.
(Edited)
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

By demo unit I was talking more about a unit that is unboxed and that we can see how well it is built.  Dunno if you guys were refering to this or an actual unit we can power on and test.

I might have not expressed myself well in my post.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Ah! Good question... Jennifer said that only select stores would stock them, so it might be hit and miss. You may have to order one to see it.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I believe you are right Blue, as I looked online today at my two HDs.  They gave me an option to Ship to My House or Pick it up at Store.  Normally when they have it available, their website would list the # of units available.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Home Depot Canada could learn a few tricks from the US website... it's nowhere near as useful.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

That's too bad.  Their mobile App is pretty accurate as well.  When I bought my 21" SP, I checked my phone before heading into the store.  On the phone, it said they had 2 mowers in stock, so when I got there, the employee didn't even know about it.  I showed him my phone and he went to the back, and sure enough, they were sitting back there waiting for someone to bring them out.  I would think that a phone App is applicable across the border?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Heh, just installed it on my phone and it looks like they made some improvements, shows stock levels etc. for my local store.  Nice!

I had deleted it before as it really didn't do much other than take up space on my phone. :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

@Mcklain, as everyone already chimed in, the stores that stock the units should have an unboxed unit on display for you to see.  However, this will not be until early fall when all of the other snow blowers start going on display.  I suggest you check with your local Home Depot store to see if they will carry this unit at the store.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Now available in Canada for 797$

Seems to be in Toronto area only.  When lookin in my area witch is Montreal, it doesnt even give me the price.

Had to use M5A as postal code to see the price.

Price is a little bit higher than our exchange rate, but not by much.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.21-in-56-volt-li-ion-single-stage-snow-blower-with-2-50ah-batteri...#
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Well, getting it on the website is step one (check!). Now we have a couple of months to get it in stock before the snow flies.

FWIW, I checked stock in my area (Ottawa) and it's not in stock there either.
Photo of John S

John S

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is an adapter available for the new snow blower for use as a steel bladed edger in Florida?  While I'm happy for our EGO cult members to the North, I eagerly waiting for a steel bladed edger worthy of doing Summer battle with St. Augustine grass runners. (At least I'm maintaining my sense of humor!)  I love my 21" mower, blower, string trimmer and hedge trimmer. ( I don't need a chain saw).  I'm so anxious for an EGO steel bladed edger and then after that a pole mounted hedge trimmer.  :)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I think that might make for a total overkill edger, John!

I would think if Egomis going to do an edger it will be a much smaller dedicated tool. To answer your question, no adapter is available as of now, but who knows? :-)
Photo of CANbike

CANbike

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It's back up on HD Canada's website:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.21-in-56-volt-li-ion-single-stage-snow-blower-with-2-50ah-batteries.1001012538.html

Found and purchased the snow blower in Home Depot Canada (Cambridge, ON) today!

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Congrats on your new purchase, I have to wait a little longer before buying mine - after I sell my old gas snow blower of course!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Woot! There's hope!!! :-)
Photo of CANbike

CANbike

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
@DavidHD Thanks! Cheers to no more gas.

@McKlain HD Canada SKU#: 1001012538
Photo of Arshad Chawdhry

Arshad Chawdhry

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Just bought mine today too!!
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Well that was short.  Ego snow blower was removed and is not on homedepot Canada's website anymore....

At least we got to see the price.

Anyone was able to get the SKU?
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

No sku, just a screen shot:
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I got to touch one today. It was exciting
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Jealous! Lol
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Nice! I hope my local HD would put one out too, love to inspect it with my own hands.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Jacob:
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Ha... sorry.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

Bare tool now available on homedepot.com @ 399$:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-in-Cordless-56-Volt-Li-ion-Single-Stage-Electric-Snow-Blower-Bare-...

IMO they dont want us to buy the bare tool... The cost of the 2 batteries are 438$ alone.  If you really dont need the extra batteries I would just buy the blower with the batteries and sell them and make a small profit.

Whats going on on homedepot.ca??  The snow blower was listed 1-2 weeks ago and not its completly gone....
(Edited)

McKlain, the snow blower will be available on homedepot.ca in the coming weeks. They posted it early in error.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Wow. What a high price. Not happy about this. Oh well. Guess ill be shoveling this year..... So the 2 batteries and 1 charger are only a 200.00 addition. This will not sell at this price. 249.00 is more reasonable. Also this type of pricing really doesn't help those who have already invested in EGO.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

The 21" self-propelled mower kit is the same $599 price as the snow blower kit (even though the snow blower's 2x5ah batteries are better than the mower's 1x7.5ah battery), but the bare mower is $429, $30 more than the bare snow blower.

The snow blower is a better deal for either the kit or the bare tool—at least for those who live in places that ever get enough snow to use it!
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The cost of the batteries on their own has always been a problem when looking at the value of the bare tools.  If the batteries were 30% cheaper the math would look better for the bare tool purchases.

Jacob, with the 10Ah snow blower kit, you could have two 5Ah batteries to do your yard with instead of the 4's! :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Agreed
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Yikes. I'm probably out at that price, at least for this season. I'll make due with my corded Snow Joe for another year.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Me too, I will stick with my gas snow thrower for now.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

The bare tool price makes complete sense, if one is to go by their mower prices as a metric (and in fact, $30 better deal). Why does the bare tool price surprise anyone?

For those of you holding out, sell your current blower on Craig's List and use the cash towards an EGO blower. Or, buy the kit and sell the batteries/charger (that's what I did).
(Edited)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I am not rich like you DJ .... : )
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Well the bare tool kits for handhelds are spot on but not for mowers nor the blower. Same senario with other tool manufacturers. I have like 9 ridgid batteries, cuz its cheaper sometimes to buy a tool instead of a new battery.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Hmmm i wonder if it is because the size of the box. That makes sense actually. The battery doesnt add much to the size if the container. But shipping these large items cannot be cheap. I think thats why.....
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@David HD - heheh - I can assure you, I'm not either. I drive a Ford. ;)

If I were rich, I wouldn't have worried about selling my batteries & rapid charger. At the end of the day, my EGO blower ended up costing me less than $299. If you have a current blower to sell on Craig's List, you could end up paying even less. Go for it! :)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

DJ, I have been trying to sell my Sears Craftsman gas snow blower on eBay, Craig's List, and OfferUp mobile app with no luck.  The blower is in "excellent" condition but everyone is trying to "lowball" my blower - so I will have to wait a little longer before I can pull the trigger on the EGO.

Also, I bought the EGO 15" trimmer in May '16, the EGO 21" SP mower in July '16 and then return it to HD, and bought the Honda mower in August '16.  Bought the new EGO backpack blower in September '16, so I am a little "short of cash" for now.  Maybe someone will make a "decent offer" when we get closer to the winter, and then I will buy the EGO snow blower.  Until then, I will have to re-watch those YouTube videos and drool with envy ... : (

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

DJ, selling a Ford could get you a heated driveway :-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I personally think the tool only price is reasonable. If the 5Ah batteries were $150 each the cost would be right in line.

It's no secret that I blame the cost of the separate batteries, not the price of the tools.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@David HD - sounds like you may be asking too much for your old OPE's.  Used snowblowers are a dime a dozen, and people know this.  It doesn't matter that you may have spent hundreds on it, I'm afraid.

But if you could recoup $50-$100 out of it, then that's $50-$100 less you'll be spending on a new EGO snow blower, is all I'm saying.  Anyway, something to consider!

But yeah, I hear ya' - having just dropped a ton of cash on the new backpack blower, I can imagine the impact.  

@Blue Angel - yeah, um - mine is a 2 year old Focus (wife) and a 2 year old base model Explorer (me).  LOL!
(Edited)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

DJ, I am actually asking a "fair price" on my snow blower.  I am not expecting to recoup what I paid for it "brand new" several years back, but right now, people are not thinking about snow blowers quite yet.  I have a feeling that the first snow storm, people will "freak out" and start making offers, just like how they waited until the "very last minute" to rush into HD or ACE Hardware stores to buy snow shovels.  For now, I will enjoy my other OPEs until next year.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Cool; good luck!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

DHD, it's the same every year with shovels, tires, blowers, you name it, even up here in the Great White North.  It's like everyone's hoping winter won't come this year, and when it inevitably does everyone needs to prepare at exactly the same time; the first snowfall. :-)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Yeah right?  People are people, I think they are more "excited" about Black Friday sales than preparing and shopping for "snow tools."  But to your point, it could be a "mental" thing where if you ignored something, maybe it won't happen ... but here in Chicago and where you are, snow is a "constant" every year.

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Yep, so true...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.