Snow blower availability

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Where can we buy an Ego snow blower? We purchased our other products at The Home Depot but didn't see them offered.
Photo of Deb Woolcott

Deb Woolcott

• 70 Points

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,258 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Probably the wrong time of year for HD to stock them. You can, however, order it from HD online.

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Most Home Depot stores won't stock snow blowers unless you're in an area with lots of snow. I had to order mine online; option to ship to you or your local store for pickup. I opted to ship to store to prevent a porch pirate from stealing such an expensive item.
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 10,196 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
They will be switching over to to snow tools in the next few weeks. Right next to the Xmas decorations. ☹️
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,378 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you only checked in one HD store, then you may still find it in other near by HD stores if you live in such an area. You can find store inventories online by zip code  or as the boys pointed out simply order on line and it will be shipped out by HD.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,258 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And if another store in the area has one they can do a store to store transfer to make it convenient for you. 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Store availability is definitely going to be hit-or-miss in August. One of the five HD stores in my area has a single snow blower in stock, and even that was surprising to me.

On a seasonal tool like this I always wait until it's closer to the time to use the tool, for a couple of reasons:

First, you never know whether Ego will release a new version of the tool, which doesn't happen until closer to the season.

Second, I want to be able to use the tool several times while it's still within HD's 90-day exchange window, on the off chance there is a manufacturing defect. If I buy a snow blower in August I'm unlikely to use it even once before that 90-day window has expired.

Of course that window expands to a year if you buy it with the HD credit card.
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 60 Points
I went the opposite route, I purchased my snow blower at a auction of over stock, discontinued and return stock of Home Depot products in June.  New in the box, but saved a ton on money.
Photo of AL Bernard

AL Bernard

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mark where did you get it?