Site Help

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

Not a question just important information for you to pass on...
Your non-working links are frustrating. Trying to get information from the manufacturer should be easy, especially when there is a tab to take me to it. Why would I buy the product and think it will work great if I can't even get simple information from your website. I am interested in your product - please fix your links (specification tab and others). Even the links to homedepot.com don't work correctly.
Photo of John Holland

John Holland

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 42,968 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
John which product.  They seem to work fine for me, so need to know which product you are having problems with the specification tab and HD link
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 54,374 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi John! We're sorry to see this. Can you please let us know which products or pages gave you trouble? 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

• 16,716 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Ok, so I just clicked on every single item and clicked on specification tab and also on HD link on every item. Every single one worked fine. I did notice that the tabs and buttons kind of move around a little bit as the page loads and if you click on one of them right at the time it moves a little bit then it won't work. 
Photo of John Holland

John Holland

Sorry for the delayed response.  Below are links for the pages that I see that have problems.
There are four tabs on each of these pages: Details, Specifications, Manuals and Parts & Accessories.  No matter which tab I click the information on my screen stays the same, and that is for each of the products listed below.
Additionally, on the first link below, there are five links for five different configurations.  When I click on those, nothing changes on the screen (except the location of the 'dot' showing which one I have selected).  No matter which of those five configurations I choose, when I click on the "BUY AT HOMEDEPOT.COM" button it always goes to the same product, the one with the 7.5 Ah battery, rather than one of the others that might be selected.

egopowerplus.com/collections/power-mowers/products/20-inch-mower
egopowerplus.com/collections/power-mowers/products/21-inch-lawn-mower
egopowerplus.com/collections/power-mowers/products/power-20-lawn-mower-with-steel-deck#tab1

I really don't mean to be a pain about this.  It's just frustrating to try to do some comparisons with the three products from the same company and not be able to access information that is indicated to be readily available.  
Like I said, I am interested in your product but not only am I frustrated at the extra time wasted trying to get information I am concerned that if these details are not really that important then what other details on the product itself did someone consider 'not really that important'?
Thank you for taking your time to check this out. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

I just used the first link you provided and selected each configuration and then on Buy at HD and all worked fine. As Ken mentions, below, maybe its a browser setting. Or, have you tried clearing the browser temporary memory? Even something as simple as CTRL F5 might reload the page correctly. Doesn't seem to be an Ego website problem but maybe just something in whatever browser you are using.
Photo of John Holland

John Holland

Thank you for a specific suggestion.  I tried it but it made no difference. 
Thanks for your help.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 43,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
John, I just tested all of the tabs on every one of the links you posted, and I tested all five configuration options with the first link. And I tested them all using Google Chrome as well as Firefox, on a desktop PC as well as an iPad.

Every single one of them works the way they should.

I would suggest there is a problem with your browser settings, or maybe security settings or a browser plugin.

Please try a different browser and see if that corrects the problem.
Photo of John Holland

John Holland

That's interesting. I am using Google Chrome. All other sites seem to be fine with their tabs. I rechecked the ones I reported and it is the same. When I am at community.egopowerplus.com/ego even the tabs on the main top banner do not work (Technology, Products, About Ego, Find a Store - as well as the three above those, including the search bar). Oh well. Hopefully other potential customers are not having these issues.
For those who have responded to this - do you work with Ego? Are you part of their technology department?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

I don't work for Ego nor am I part of their technology dept. I do use Chrome, however, and every bit of Ego's site works fine for me.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 43,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't work for Ego, I'm just an enthusiastic customer.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 27,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
John, I tried all 3 links you provided on my MacBook Pro 2011 using Chrome, FireFox and Safari and they all worked.  Quite strange that you are having this issue - that said; try uninstalling and reinstalling your Chrome browser and see if that works.  By the way, I do not work for EGO either, just a consumer who is passionate about EGO tools.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.