Side discharge chute

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
How come all the plastic models were designed with a goofy side discharge chute that pretty much exits at an angle out the back, which doesn't seem that functional, as compared to the 20" steel deck with traditional side chute?

Also why is there no 21" steel deck are they going to wait another year so they have the same thing to release next year but a new version?
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,376 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,052 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Not sure why the odd discharge chute - perhaps
a) an after thought in design
b) plastic deck not stable with a hole cut in the side of it
Photo of Gerard Olinger

Gerard Olinger

• 60 Points
My feelings exactly. They advertise a side chute, but it's in the rear.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes, as I once said, please, please EGO, come out with a 21 inch mower in stores that side discharges, preferably a steel deck mower, and please sell it with the high lift blade.  That would get me sold on your mower. Also, I want at least 1200W max power.  Preferably more if you want to top Greenworks.
Photo of giggleherz .

giggleherz .

• 2,212 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
My goofy plastic chute works great, I have no idea why so many people are having problems.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,032 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good to hear - thanks for the first hand report.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
A listing that was and maybe is still on RCPW suggests a new 21 inch dual-port mower in the works and nearly complete.  
Photo of MattW

MattW

• 1,476 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It's still up.  2 5.0Ah batteries as well.
Photo of MattW

MattW

• 1,476 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
If you really want to scream take a look at the commercial range stuff listed on the Ego Europe webpage.  None of the cool stuff ever seems to make it across the ocean.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We'd like to thank everyone for chiming in on this conversation. We continue to take your thoughts into consideration for future generations of the tools and if any changes are made, we'll be sure to notify everyone here. That being said, we feel that there has been enough discussion for now and are closing this conversation. Thank you again for all of your time and effort everyone!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.