Shutting Off After a Few Minutes of Use

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

I have had our mower for just over a year now and has run perfectly up until the last 2 times I have tried mowing. The battery is fully charged and the mower will run fine for about 10 minutes and then shuts down. Once it restarts, it then cuts off every few seconds. The handles are secure in place and so is the key
Photo of Mark Kenton

Mark Kenton

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ryan Neves

Ryan Neves

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have had the same issue, I have even Locked down both the Handle Safety and the rail extension to make sure it wasn't getting bumped and the mower will still cut off even with a new full battery charge. I haven't seen a good solution yet. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Mark/Ryan, will the mower power down even if you are pulling it backwards? The reason I ask, the handle can sometimes shift around a little even if the clamps are locked. Just something to try in order to rule it the handle mechanism 100%.
Photo of Mark Kenton

Mark Kenton

Yes, it still powers down even if I pull it backwards. It seems to happen though whenever I hit any bump in the lawn.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Any indicator (orange/red) from the light on the mower or battery?
Photo of Mark Kenton

Mark Kenton

Nope, the light is green.
Photo of Ryan Neves

Ryan Neves

Same here, green light, got new battery from Ego cause I thought it was a voltage thing. Normally mine is right after lifting the mower for a turn and you start pushing on a new run. As I mentioned I did, for lack of a better term, bypassed/taped down the key and the sensor in the right side of the arm cause at first I thought it was one of those sensors that were tripping for some reason.
Photo of Mark Kenton

Mark Kenton

I am still trying to get through to customer service on the phone so I can just take it in for service. I have tried calling an hour ago and left a message, and this time I have been on hold for nearly 20 minutes. This is really irritating.
Photo of Greg McCandless

Greg McCandless

• 60 Points
I have the same exact issue and had to leave a voice mail for customer service as well.  Like the second I start trying to go forward with the mower, it's as if some sensor has tripped or something and it revs down and stops (even on the driveway with nothing preventing the blades from spinning freely).
Photo of Ryan Neves

Ryan Neves

This seems to be a reoccurring theme in this forum with no resolution. Many of had gone to Home Depot route with no resolution, at what point does the company simply admit they have an equipment/design flaw and send a new mower to those with serial numbers of the affect units. Very disappointed with Ego. The product works well, when it works.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,838 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Mark, call Ego early in the morning when their lines first open.  The wait should be brief.
Photo of Greg McCandless

Greg McCandless

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I did get a call back from customer service within 24 hours of leaving a message, which was nice, and the guy told me to fold it up with out the battery in it, pick it up like six inches off the ground, and drop it on a hard surface. Totally worked. He said there is some switch or sensor that gets reset if you, no joke, pick the thing up and drop it. I've had to do it a few more times since the initial problem, but it has solved the issue each time. Haven't had to do it in three mows since, either.
Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Wow. I would love to know what sensor is reset. So doing a fonzi on the mower fixes it. :)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great to hear you're back in business, Greg! However, "fixing" the issue should involve not having it again, in my opinion. :-)

Please let us know how this works out after a few weeks/months.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, that sounds like a fix to get you to the end of the season, then I'd send it in for a proper repair. I'd hate to have it get worse to where the fix wouldn't work, then I'd have to send it away for two months during the mowing season.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.