Self-propelling feature on mower broken

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
self-propelling doesn't work after 1.5 years - wait time to get it repaired is 6-8 weeks. Obviously not acceptable.
Photo of Mary Lofgren

Mary Lofgren

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of kenny Garcia

kenny Garcia

• 772 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
My lawn mower 21 in ego self-propelled quit working after 1 year no problems. I had to take the lawn mower to Home Depot it took him almost three months to get me a brand new mower I was told by ego support that the power supplies in these mowers are defective and they are working on the issue that's all the information I have as of right now good luck
Photo of Brandon Shermer

Brandon Shermer

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Mine just did the same thing... Can't order parts anywhere. Only service centers. Looking into the greenworks commercial series 25" mower now.
the greenwork 80v 25" looks like a superior product right now. EGO needs to copy the design if they want to keep up, in my opinion...
which model is it please? im just curious, i dont think i can help.
Photo of Brandon Shermer

Brandon Shermer

I have theĀ LM2100SP. I just need the self propelled motor. I still have power on the motor and the battery lights up but no movement. It is the older style motor.
Photo of AL Bernard

AL Bernard

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Check under the deck if grass buildup behind the blade. Remove the battery and clean the it out
Photo of Brandon Shermer

Brandon Shermer

Nope. It isn't flashing or over amping. Just the self propelled died. The past year it was off and on when mowing. It would just randomly cut out and you would slam into the handle.

I am a huge fan of the 80v greenworks but it gets expensive when I am in the EGO product line.
im thinking the same. i prefer the greenwork pro mower, but is it worth getting a 2nd battery platform..? i dont think so, not yet.