self-propelled stopped working

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Writing just to record my experience.

After about 30 days my 2100SP mower stopped propelling itself. Blade runs fine, but when I press the drive lever, all that happens is the battery light comes on green. It goes off when I release the lever.

I both created a case online and called customer support asking for a call-back. A few hours later I got a call, and support told me to bring it back to Home Depot. So I returned it and now have a new one. I'm hoping this one does better.

I really like the product overall, but am starting to wonder how many years I'm likely to get out of it.
Photo of jblittlefield

jblittlefield

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Anything mechanical is subject to failure at some rate, but the majority I would say are quality products with happy customers.
Photo of Tom Gederberg

Tom Gederberg

• 72 Points
Just curious.  Were you able to bring it back to Home Depot used, without the box.  
Photo of jblittlefield

jblittlefield

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I actually had the box and all packing materials. I kept them just in case. Probably didn't need the box, but made it easier to transport and return. No hassle at all at Home Depot. Just a small investment of time to return it.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
HD will take returns without the box in my experience

William E Hanson

Tom, returns to Home Depot doesn't require the box,but the receipt would be.
Photo of Carol Jennings

Carol Jennings

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My machine also doesn't self propel after about 10 uses.  I don't have the receipt, just the order number and delivery notice and proof of credit card payment.  I purchased mine through home depot online. Can it be returned?

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Since you bought it from HD they'll have all the records you needs. It should be very easy to exchange it as defective. HD has a 90-day return/exchange window.

William E Hanson

Carol, Home Depot will assist you in every way for satisfaction; just take it back with the information you do have.
Photo of Carol Jennings

Carol Jennings

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you both.