Self Propelled (LM2102SP) motor not working at 75% battery level

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
I have had the LM2102SP (with 7.5 battery) for a little over a year. The self propelled motor works at full charge then once the battery hits about 75% (guesstimate), the self propelled motor stops working but the mower cuts fine and until the battery fully dies. Anybody have similar issue or an idea why this would be happening?
Photo of Calvin Ho

Calvin Ho

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • unsure

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 69,188 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
That is a new one.
I would recommend a call to customer service
Call first thing in the morning if you can to minimize any hold time
1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday)
Photo of Calvin Ho

Calvin Ho

Thanks! I have already contacted them but waiting on winter season since I've read other reports of mower being out of commission for 5 weeks. I thought it was weird, too!
Photo of walt dutchak

walt dutchak

• 1,116 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I don't believe that there are two motors involved - one for the blade and one for the wheel drive to propel the mower forward.   The self-propel function is usually designed as a separate drive system working off the same motor that turns the cutting blade.  When the drive system is engaged, the gears is the drive train turn one of the wheels, usually a back wheel.
Therefore, if there is a problem with the self-propel function of the mower, it usually has to do with linkages to the main motor shaft and gears that cause a wheel to rotate.
Photo of Calvin Ho

Calvin Ho

I’m not sure. When working. The self propelled wheel works even when the blade is not on (cutting)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 164,780 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Walt, there are indeed two motors in the SP mower. As Calvin points out, the wheels can be driven independently of the blade. This allows propelling the mower without cutting.