Screws Needed for Plastic Section of Mower Handle

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
My mower has lost 10 screws from the plastic brace/rack on the handle. Does anybody know where I can get order Ego-brand replacement screws—or what size they are so that I can buy some replacements from Home Depot?
Photo of Ben Gardner

Ben Gardner

• 72 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 6,786 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ben,

I decided to go check my mower to be sure the screws are all there, and at first I thought I also had a bunch of screws missing.   So I went back with a flashlight and the interior screws are set really deep in the holes and you can't see them easily without a flashlight.

If yours are missing, you could take one out and try to match it at Home Depot.   If you can't match the screws, then you will have to call or email EGO.

Photo of Tony

Tony

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Pulled one of the screws out of my mower. It appears to be philips metric thread forming type, 4mm diameter, 16mm long. 
Photo of Tony

Tony

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The closest I found in McMaster-Carr are M4 x 14 with a torx head (T20). Part number 96817A959. Package of 25, $8.44.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,522 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
On this topic:

Woman goes into Home Depot to get a hinge for a cabinet. 

On the way in she sees a nice Pewter Faucet - she asks the guy the price - it was $400.  "Ouch, never mind."

Guy goes in the back to get the hinge for her.

He yells from the back room "Want a screw for this hinge?"

She says  "No, but I will for the faucet."
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,274 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Bran! These are Phillips M4XM16 (meaning millimeters). You should be able to find them at any hardware store. 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,038 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Amber knows her hardware.