rototiller

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Under Consideration
I think you should come out with a rototiller thats like your snow blower with power and quality .....Are you going to come out wth that soon?
Photo of Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Hopeful

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thanks for the suggestion Kirk. No rototiller yet but that's an awesome idea for our multi-head set.  We'll keep you posted if we do come out with one in the future.
Photo of Bart Asquith

Bart Asquith

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would buy a stand alone rototiller (not a multi head attachment).
Photo of Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

Yes I agree
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Currently the Power head cultivator attachment is the closest thing to an Ego rototiller.  I do not think that will change anytime soon - JMO.

https://egopowerplus.com/multi-head-cultivator-attachment/

Photo of Capt. Kirk

Capt. Kirk

That a flower garden cultivator .....Im talking about a tiller thats as strong and powerful as the Ego snow blower to til vegetable  gardens .....Thats too bad cause I think it would be the first one on the market ..... But I will continue using my ego snow machine for now 
Photo of Bart Asquith

Bart Asquith

I agree. The current cultivator would be fine I expect for small, semi soft dirt. A stand-alone heavier duty one would be a great addition. Something similar to currently made battery powered stand alone rototillers made by Snapper, Ryobi and Eartwise. I would buy one by Ego.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No argument here - the cultivator is not a rototiller.   Not sure that a rototiller is a great battery application.
Photo of Bart Asquith

Bart Asquith

Knowing their would be limitations to a battery powered stand alone rototiller, one should not expect it to replace a 5 hp Troy Bilt for example. But most homeowners do not need that type of power. But they do need more than your current attachment tiller. And your current tiller is hefty and could only be used by young and or fit people for a short period of time due to the weight. Take a look at the Honda FG110. This is the class of product Ego could make a tiller. And it is perfect for a small to medium home. There are other electric standalones that I have mentioned previously. I expect it would be a hot seller for you.