Reviewing EGO 145MPH Cordless Backpack Blower for Home Depot Seeds Program

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago

http://www.homedepot.com/p/145-MPH-600-CFM-56-Volt-Li-Ion-5-0-Ah-Cordless-Blower-Kit-with-210-Watt-Charger-Backpack/207203612?keyword=145+MPH+600+CFM+56V+Li-Ion+5.0+Ah+Cordless+Kit+with+210-Watt+Charger+Backpack+Blower Reviewing EGO LB6002 through the Home Depot Seeds Reviewer program for the August campaign.  I didn't even expect to see an EGO blower appear as one of the items in the campaign, let alone did I think I would be able to get to it before they were all requested by other reviewers.  I was begging the wife to let me get the $129 EGO blower at Home Depot for months, so this was like a gift from God!

I'll post a link to the Seeds review once I receive the item and test it out.  I'll be testing it with both the 5ah battery it comes with as well as the larger battery that came with my 21" Ego mower.

Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

• 984 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Super Excited

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can't wait to hear your feedback, Steve!

BTW, what is the Seeds review program? Never heard of it?
(Edited)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,032 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Congrats on nabbing something so good—the best Seeds products all seem to go so fast! Was this a premium item?

I've gotten several of my Ego products through Seeds and had been watching for this blower the last month or two. Unfortunately I didn't get an invite to the August campaign because I'm a bit behind on reviewing a few products from the last two months.

For anyone who might be wondering what the Seeds program is... https://seeds.homedepot.com/support/faqs
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Yeah, this was my Premium item for the month.  I actually was hoping for a fancy expensive fridge/freezer, the $7000 grill on HD's site or a garage tool chest or garage shelving kit before I saw the Ego blower.

I definitely understand your issue being behind on reviews.  I've got an electrician coming out tomorrow so I can do the review of the whole-house surge protector.  And the wife decided she was going to paint the bathroom again after we had already requested a new bathroom vanity through Seeds haha!

I'm actually hoping that Ego offers some of their brand new snow blowers on Seeds come September since my current electric snow thrower broke a plastic part used to turn the nozzle within 5 minutes of first wintertime use.

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Aha! So you guys are those "Top XXX Reviewers" I'm always seeing. Nice! Too bad we don't have that up here in the frozen white north... :-(
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,428 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You two are pretty much rock stars!!!
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Well, it took a while (thanks to a lower back surgery to remove a tumor from my spine) to get the blower tested and review photos and video taken, but it's finally up.  Check it out on Home Depot's product page here:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-145-MPH-600-CFM-56-Volt-Li-Ion-Cordless-Backpack-Blower-with-5-0-Ah-battery-LB6002/207203612?cm_sp=BazVoice-_-PRRDR-_-207203612-_-x

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,418 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What's your handle on the HD website?
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,390 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
"SteveW".  Sort by most recent; his is the second currently.
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Yup, SteveW
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,390 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Just watched your video @Steve Warren.  Man... If I blew all of my leaves/lawn debris into the street, the city would have a field day on me!  Lucky guy.  
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

• 974 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yeah, well the city doesn't seem to care much about neighborhood streets. First winter at the house we ended up with 3 feet thick ice at the end of our driveway because they never plowed snow for 3 weeks.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nice review Steve, and good luck coming back after the surgery! It must kill you to see someone else playing with your toys!!!
Photo of Steve Warren

Steve Warren

Thank you!  It wasn't easy, but my father-in-law has been very helpful with some projects around the house over the years.  Helps with wife's parents living on next street over though!