Returning Bad Blower

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Hello, thanks for sending me a replacement blower. However, I have a question. Is there anyway we can send the old one back to the factory? To me, it seems like too many good parts to throw in the trash. Perhaps a way for your company to recycle these? I'm sure if it had all new electronics put in it, it would work again. Sell them cheaper as a factory refurb? Thanks
Photo of N

N

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

This is a fantastic idea.  I can't stand the thought of it not being recycled.  It would be good for them to have a refurbished products store.  Sell with a 1 year limited warranty with the option to purchase an extended warranty.  Sell at a good price point.  I like this idea and a lot of companies can salvage some profit from returned product this way.

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Awesome idea. If your focus is to go green, then doing this isnecessity. If it costs too much to recycle or refurbish, send them to me. I love to tinker.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Now Jacob, back off brother.  lol.  I would die to have a mower engine, and circuitry/battery mount.  I would buy a dead bladed edger from a local small engine repair shop and build my dream edger.  I think they will have to have a lottery as the demand for the parts would be high! 

Then again, you would probably win.  I can't even match 1 number on a powerball ticket, no matter what I try  :)

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A local HD had an Ego mower display model marked down on clearance, missing the key. I seriously considered picking it up, along with a broken snowblower, letting sparks fly and see what happened.

Then I remembered how crazy I would feel if/when Ego releases a snowblower far better than my Frankenstein creation.
Photo of N

N

If you want it Jacob, it's yours. I'll even include the tube. All I ask is you pay for the shipping.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Jacob, if you're not interested I'll gladly take it.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thank you for your offer!  We don’t sell refurbished products at this time, and, generally, we don't want to inconvenience our customers by requiring returns. Please email us at Support@EGOPowerplus.com and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
(Edited)
Photo of N

N

Blue Angel, if you want it, its yours. Just pay shipping and I'll send it to you. Thanks
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Sounds good!
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I took apart a blower that went out on me. I am thinking that the next one might go bad on me, in which case, I'm really going to try hard to figure out what is going wrong with these things. It looked like a wire or something in the circuit broke in my blower that stopped working. There was no current going into the blower. The motor I tested and it worked fine. The problem is in the electrical circuitry. Something is breaking or coming loose. In any case, I was unfortunately not successful with repairing my blower that quit, so I salvaged the components--the motor and the jet fan in particular. I'm going to try to use the fan to cast new fans and to try to make fans with varying blade designs.  I even am thinking about using this fan in tandem with another fan to upgrade a blower if I can get it centered and balanced correctly, which might turn out to be a real challenge. 

I'm totally up for taking bad blowers that would otherwise hit the cans though. I have repaired bad blowers before--I had a Toro that I messed up by trying to power it with direct current from an EGO battery and it messed up the switch on it or something, and I got it working again by dropping it onto some rubber. It seems to me as though if the EGO quits, just jerk it around until it starts working again--until the circuit closes back up at wherever it breaks. 

For EGO, I'd check the wire design in the blower for weak points and see what is breaking in the circuit.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your feedback.  Please know that we have passed this to our design team for review.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.