Replacing control handle clips

• Question
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • Answered
EGO sent me replacement clips for the handle. They didn't send me the whole assemblies, just the clips. Which wouldn't be a problem except they also didn't send any instructions. I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove the old clip from each assembly and replace it with the new one. I tried relieving the torque on the spring to allow the bolt to move freely up and down the shaft but that didn't help. And of course it's a holiday so I can't call customer support. If anybody sees this and can offer any suggestions... thank you in advance! 

Photo of Mike Pastore

Mike Pastore

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,616 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Keith Nichols

Keith Nichols

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It appears that many EGO manuals are available Internet-wise.  Try this web site: http://tinyurl.com/y3h54egu.

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,616 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes and Google makes finding stuff easy.
Photo of Mike Pastore

Mike Pastore

Thanks for the links y'all. Unfortunately those cover replacing the entire assembly, not just the clip within the assembly (i.e. the green part). 
Photo of Joe Robinson

Joe Robinson

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree. I need to just take off the green clip.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,368 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Mike Pastore; in looking at your original pic it looks like a new pin was sent along with the clip. Is that correct?
If so, all you'll need is a pin punch, or even a skinny screwdriver, and a hammer to drive out the old pin. Line up the new clamp (and whatever the black thing is in the pic) and drive in the new pin. 
Note this is only based on what I see in the pic. 
Hope it helps and hoping you figured it out already.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,368 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unable to edit once someone likes, or comments, so anyway I see a spring too. Make sure you get that where it needs to be also.
An easy way to document what you need to do is to take pics of the existing assembly. Then you can refer to it as you disassemble and reassemble.
Really hoping you got this all figured out already and have been happily mowing away.
Photo of Mike Pastore

Mike Pastore

Thanks Mike, that's exactly how I got it solved. Cheers!