Replacement mower blade for LM2000-S

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

Hi, I need to get a replacement blade for my LM2000-S but cannot determine exactly which part to get and where to get it. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. 

Thank you!
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Thank you!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Thank you!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,690 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Thank you!
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Thank you! Blue Angel - I had been looking at the one at Home Depot but it says it's for LM2001 and I have LM2000-S so I wasn't sure if it would work!
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Beth, are you replacing your blade because it's dull, or shot?  You should be able to get quiet a few sharpening cycles from it.  But it is also a good practice to keep a spare on hand.  I like being able to have a re-sharpened blade on hand, and then I can just swap and go.  And then re-sharpen the other at my leisure.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

To add to aTE's comment, the blades as-supplied are not all that sharp.  A good sharpening will improve the cutting performance of the mower, and having a spare allows sharpening at your leisure.
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Good idea. My blade definitely needs sharpening - I have large rocks in my  yard that sit low to the ground and it's hard to see them when the grass is tall so as hard as I try to remember where they are I inevitably hit them and *crunch*! The blade is pretty torn up. I'm going to get a file and see if I can sharpen by hand, and get a spare just in case.  It's been working great and I haven't yet noticed that it's not cutting well, but I anticipate a few more rock hits and it will degrade the performance. 

(a)Typical Engineer

I nearly wrecked (well I did wreck but was able to repair) the motor by hitting a 3" diameter rock.  Ego will not warranty your motor if you hit a rock.  If possible, you should remove all the rocks! 

Another suggestion is that if your blade has lots of dings; some people will want to remove all of them (by sharpening), but you will trade blade life to do so.  So what you could do instead is use a ball peen (or pretty much any hammer), and try and flatten back some of the really bad dings, and then proceed with sharpening.  Being a certifiable knife fanatic, it's have for me to realize when the sharpening is "good enough" to cut grass.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,690 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I used a simple file from Home Depot, to sharpen my blade and it worked well.  The blade on EGO mower is of a "softer material" so sharpening by hand will be relatively easy.  Others prefer to use larger power tools - it boils down "cost" and a personal "preference."  Good luck and happy mowing ... :-)
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Yikes! My rocks are not moveable - they are large rocks most of which is underground and the tops are just peaking up. (Bedrock, basically) :-)  I remove all the small rocks/pebbles as I find them.

So yeah I need to be careful. I don't want to wreck the motor! I will try to be a lot more careful.

Also great advice to hammer out the dings before sharpening. I will try the file, I prefer not to go with the larger power tool as I have little experience with those for sharpening. I have a file for my chainsaw, that might work. Otherwise, I'll get a bigger one at home depot. 

Thanks both of you very much.

(a)Typical Engineer

For roots and rocks that cannot be moved, you can also build up the ground around them to prevent striking them.

A chainsaw (round) file will not work; you'll be there forever, and you might actually make the blade serrated. =)  Which might not actually be a bad thing since we (the Ego community) have beaten the whole issue (mulching, sharpening, etc.) to death! =)

If you want to only have one file, this one should work; and when it comes to files, I'll pay up to 50% more over no name brand CHINA, but a good file will last you a life time, and they cut so much better!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nicholson-8-in-Blade-Handy-File-06601/100208251

You might also want a half-round file to sharpen the curved transition area, between the straight part and towards the center.  While not absolutely necessary, I like every last square inch sharpened so that the grass doesn't have a chance.  If you want to go that route a 10" half round would work:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nicholson-10-in-Bastard-Cut-Half-Round-File-21858N/205215843

And if you want to equip yourself for pretty much any task that a home owner would face, this is a decent file set:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nicholson-Ergonomic-Handles-File-Set-with-Pouch-5-Piece-22040HNN/20521503...

(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Good point about building up the soil around the rocks. Another option, and even easier, would be to set the mower at a slightly higher cut height. Depending on the grass type, of course.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,508 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hit the rock with a sledge hammer. It will break the cap off.
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Thank you so much everyone!
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Beth, if you decide to replace the blade on your own, here’s a how-to video for reference: https://youtu.be/WsZ272F001M
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Also, here is a link to the 20" blade on our site where you can order online and check for in-store availability: https://egopowerplus.com/collections/accessories/products/blade
Photo of bethrobson

bethrobson

Thanks so much Amber!
Photo of James

James

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Looking for the quickest way to get a replacement blade shipped..

I purchased a lawn mower yesterday from my local Home Depot. It was the floor model, no box, and the last one in stock.  The store had removed the blade for safety reasons, but could not find it at the time of the sale. They told me that it was available online, which it is, but the shipping is going to take up to two weeks. I called the Home Depot customer support line and was told there is no quicker shipping option available. I'd really like to be able to mow lawn sooner than that. Why is there no expedited shipping option for the replacement blades? I understand the cost of shipping might be as much or more than the cost of the item itself, but I am willing to pay for it.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,290 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Check Home Depot's website to see if replacement blades for your mower is in stock at any other stores in your area. I've always seen them in stock at all the locations in my area. Other than that, Amazon will probably be the quickest.
Photo of David

David

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do you sell replacement lawnmower blades if I prefer not to try sharpening them m....

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.