replace a 4.0 56 V battery with a 5.0A 56V battery

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
how can I recycle the old 4.0 battery and will the 5.0 A work with my existing equipment 
Photo of aaparker1716

aaparker1716

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of walt

walt

• 720 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
The "AH" marking on the batteries does not indicate the Amperage of a battery but rather how long it will provide power at a specific current level.   Thus the rating of the battery is generally referred to as "AMP HOURS" or AH.  Therefore, as long as the voltage rating is the same (in this case 56.0 volts DC, then the AH rating of the battery does not matter.
So, yes, you can use the 5.0AH 56.0 V battery in place of the 56.0 V 4.0 AH battery, and you will find that is lasts longer before requiring a recharge.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 67,232 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yup, any EGO battery will fit, and work, in any EGO tool or charger. Note that with things like a string trimmer or blower they will be a little heavier with the larger battery.
You'd probably need to check on your local recycling regulations. Maybe even a call to Home Depot to see if they will take it?
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,326 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Recycling batteries can be done through your local recycling programs...

Yes, 5.0 AH batteries will work with your exisiting equipment
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
There should be a phone number right on the battery. Call that number and they will direct you to your local recycling facility.
Photo of BV

BV

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I believe you can bring the old battery to Home Depot for recycling.