Reloading the string trimmer

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
I followed the video instructions for reloading the string, but the string comes out too fast.
Photo of Lori Connor

Lori Connor

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated.

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,070 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Lori, what model are you working with? Let us know, so that we can send you in the right direction.
Photo of Lori Connor

Lori Connor

I was looking for a model number on it but couldn't find it. It may only be a 12 inch, as well. Thanks
Photo of Lori Connor

Lori Connor

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,760 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's the 15"model
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

You wound it backwards probably. Wind it the other direction. If you wind it the wrong way it will all come out at once.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,582 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I colored in the engravings on my stock unit with a Sharpie marker to make it easy to see.

Photo of Beth Walsh

Beth Walsh

• 5,278 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Great idea.
Photo of Sid Parish

Sid Parish

• 1,402 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I cut off a piece about 16 foot long then basically fold or crease it in half with one side of a couple inches longer and then hook it around and wrap it tightly On the Groove should work just fine
Photo of Beth Walsh

Beth Walsh

• 5,278 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Rookie question. Does the longer piece go in the side furthest from me?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Doesn't matter. It's just the piece that gets an extra half wrap.

(a)Typical Engineer

I wouldn't worry about the extra 4" line difference, but I do make sure to wind the top (side with writing) first, and then clip it in, then wind the bottom; if you do the bottom first, you cannot clip the line to hold it (like in the picture above).  Until I figured that out, I was trying to hold the string and wind the top; which meant I often rewound it a couple of times. =\
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,468 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
AMATEURS!  Wind both at the same time!  You'll save so much time that you'll almost make up for the time wasted by having the string unravel all over the frigging place about seventeen times while you try to figure out how to achieve the manual dexterity required to accomplish the task in the first place.

Or, like you said, just wind it one half at a time and save some grey hair.  :-)

For people who are all thumbs, the new Rapid Reload trimmer head could literally save you from a stroke. :-D
Photo of Sid Parish

Sid Parish

Well there's two holes on the outside of the cup that there that the string goes into the longer side goes to the side further away
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,380 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I think the model number is on a label on the other side of the unit where the battery is attached. It's near the serial number.

(a)Typical Engineer

Right you are (but a picture is worth a thousand...) =)

Photo of Sid Parish

Sid Parish

I absolutely love my 15 inch trimmer it is by far more versatile lighter and Powerful then my still which I've had for years and years a much quieter