Red light blinkingon battery

• Problem
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Acknowledged
When you buy a 56volt battery from third party beware ego does not warranty it even if battery is defective...ugh be real
Photo of joey jones

joey jones

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,748 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This is simply not true.  I've had two warranty exchanges in the past 4 years.. No problem.  Just have the original purchase receipt.  The warranty on the battery is 3 years from the original date of purchase.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,390 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If by third party you mean not an authorized dealer, well that is not uncommon from many companies.  You could have purchased a battery that has already been replaced and/or was on its way to be recycled.

If you do not want to pay retail price for a product from an authorized dealer then you accept the lack of warranty.   You can't have it both ways !

If you bought it from an authorized dealer then SCDC is 100% spot on.
(Edited)
Photo of joey jones

joey jones

My problem is a defective battery is a defective battery...like a recall.is a recall..no matter were you get it..enough said just filed a claim with BBB
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
How do you know it is defective and not abused or already replaced.

Ego has great customer service and warranty coverage.  You are just off the mark with this one.
(Edited)
Photo of joey jones

joey jones

I know it was new..and a 78 and a 82 yr old would not abuse it...besides you must work for Ego..enough said
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I do not work for ego, I am just a customer.

If you know the original owner ask them to file the warranty claim as they are eligible for warranty coverage.
Photo of joey jones

joey jones

So am i a pissed off customer
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 62,254 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joey, EGO CS is the best. However, if you did not buy the battery new from an authorized EGO retailer, then it's likely you won't get warranty service on that battery. That sort of purchase is no different than any other product manufacturer. Buying anything used from a private party is never covered under any manufacturer's warranty. You might get lucky and a manufacturer will bend the rules but that is not their, or EGO's, standard policy. 
Sorry to say but it sounds like you were taken advantage of by a 78 and 82 year old. I know I'd be pissed if that happened to me. 
Also not an EGO employee...
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Joey, we're sorry you're disappointed. Unfortunately, as we cannot guarantee the quality if we do not know the source, purchasing our equipment from an unauthorized or third party dealer voids the warranty. We apologize for any misunderstanding and hope you’ll give EGO Power+ another chance in the future. 

For more information on our warranty policy, click here: https://egopowerplus.com/pages/warranty-policy

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.