Reason to have four batteries with blower, trimmer, and mower?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Just took advantage of the 15" trimmer kit with 2.5AH battery with free 2.0Ah bat. LOVE IT!! I'm now waiting for a good deal on the 530 blower. Is there any reason to have FOUR batteries? (I also have the 4.0Ah battery that came with the (original) 20" mower. I'll be the only one using the tools in my yard. Should I get the blower kit or just the bare blower? Any chance the bare blower 530 will see $99 early this season (at home depot US)?
Photo of Greg

Greg

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have 5 tools (incl 21" SP mower) and have 7 batteries.  For a while I contemplated keeping more of the free 2.0's but decided to return 2 of the 3 for about $75 refund each.  I get less runtime on the blower than anything else.   The mower easily goes an hour.  The blower is quite a battery hog when used at high or boost speed.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The blower being the worst case scenario, with two batteries and the rapid charger you would have 30 minutes tops between battery charges using the 2.5Ah batteries and the 530 cfm blower. If you were using the blower on straight Turbo and nothing else, that would give you 10 minutes of all-out blowing and 20 minutes in between.

If your work can get by using High instead of Turbo (most jobs I would think), you can go completely un-interrupted as the battery will probably be done charging (30 min) before you can get back out and deplete the next battery (24 min) and get back in to swap batteries.

Now if you add a third 2.5Ah or the 4Ah and a regular charger to the mix, I would think you'll be all but unstoppable. For me, I would think I'd be happy with the 2 battery solution unless I had a massive yard full of trees to clean up after.