Ready to Purchase LM2102SP but...

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
My 17 year old Honda plastic deck Harmony needs about $100 in parts so I was looking at possibly selling it and buying a new mower.

The subject mower got my attention with all the rave reviews until I visited this site. I have a few questions that I hope current users can help with:

1) Battery replacement life: How many years can I expect the battery to live? (also, what is the battery warranty?)

2) I see what is called "backwards locked wheels.": Is this really an issue?

3) Mulching: I always mulch. I see SEVERAL complaints about no suction and trails of grass in mulch mode. I also saw a recent post where someone put a high lift blade on this mower and used it in mulch mode and reported excellent results. I would like to see if more than one user had the same success.

4) Thick grass: I have some very thick grass in my back yard. It's enough at times that I need to pause with my Honda to let it catch up. Will the EGO be able to handle this?

Thanks,

Mike
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 5,450 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 139,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
1. Warranty on batteries and chargers is three years, tools is five. Battery life expectancy is an unknown that's been discussed at length here. Best guess is 8-15 years depending on several factors.

2. Anti roll-back. It keeps the mower from rolling backwards after releasing the self propel on an incline. In use, just disengage a few inches before getting to where you need to change direction.

3. Mulching... most people are happy with the way the mower mulches. A select few are not (look at the reviews on HD.com). I'd say there's a good chance you'll be happy with it, and if not you have 90 days to return at HD.

4. One complaint I have yet to hear is about a lack of power. How it stacks up to your particular mower on your lawn, who knows, but many have reported the 21" mowers being more powerful than their old gas mowers.

Hope that helps! :-)