rapid loading head for weed whacker

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

I love my Ego products but have hesitated to buy the weed trimmer as I do not like spool fed line. Is there a compatable rapid loader head.
Photo of Peter Higgins

Peter Higgins

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,

Ego does not make any different trimmer heads for its trimmers, nor are they designed to fit aftermarket replacements.

Should they release something in the future they will be sure to let us know here. :-)
Photo of Peter Higgins

Peter Higgins

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the reply
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Any time, Peter!
Photo of Brandon Olimpiada

Brandon Olimpiada

• 60 Points
Another one interested in rapid loader compatibility. I changed all my previous string trimmers to them and they have been amazing minus having to deal with small engine problems.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Photo of Bob Whalen

Bob Whalen

• 60 Points
I have a older model lawn trimmer that doesn't have the quick load bumper, how do I convert so I can use the quick load?
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,690 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Bob, unless you have these two models (ST1500F and ST1500SF), then the Rapid Reload head is not recommended by EGO on "older" models (see the thread below from Jennifer from 4 days ago).

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/new-rapid-reload-head-for-15-timmer?topic-reply-list%5...
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Although a member did make it work. :-)
Photo of Beth Walsh

Beth Walsh

• 5,168 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can the old bump head be used on the trimmers instead of the rapid reload.

My customer likes the old bump head. Can he use the old style bump head?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.