Rapid Flashing Yellow Light

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Solved
10 Second yellow flashing light, then flashing yellow, green and red light.  Batteries are fully charged.  The batteries work on other EGO products so don't think it's a battery issue.  Any ideas/suggestions?
Photo of Erica Bertschi-Pallaron

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 70,290 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
On what item is the battery displaying this behavior? 
The orange, green, and red flashing are normal if on the charger while the battery is charging.
Flashing orange can mean the battery has been overheated somehow. Like if forcing the mower through real tall grass so it has to work harder.
On the mower, not the charger.  And I've never trudged the mower through tall grass.  I keep it on a 4" height and the grass is still somewhat dormant in Florida.  
And the batteries work on the edger and the week trimmer.  So believe somehow it is a mower issue
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Erica, call customer service at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656)
Photo of wadell916

wadell916

• 60 Points
I've got the same problem & called Customer Service but they didn't help. I'm dealing with it now too & have a call in for them to call me back.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Wadell916, if you're within the return period of 90 days from purchase or 1 year charged to the Home Depot credit card, take it back; Home Depot is great on handling this situation especially with EGO tools.